talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Denmark 0-1 Finland - Saturday 12th June, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber

Love how well everyone on the field and stadium reacted and responded. :congrats:

Scary fucking scenes. I’ve been on the receiving end of what his family are going through right now. Thoughts are with them. And hoping he is okay. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Whilst I agree it’s a massive shock, they’re not going to give a shit about a team mate from an entirely different country. He won’t even be considered. 

It seems unfair to ask Lukaku to get into game mode when he has had such a close scare to a friend and teammate.

I think UEFA loses nothing by just calling off all games for the day and taking a reset.

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

First and foremost, I'm glad that he appears to be alive and well.

I can't really add more than what everybody else has already said regarding the BBC coverage and I'm certainly not experienced enough in the medical field to make assumptions on the cause of his collapse. What I can say however is that his team mates, the medical team and the match officials deserve a heap of credit to how they reacted to the situation. From Kjaer and his other team mate ensuring he wasn't going to swallow his tongue, to how quickly the medical team reacted, and to how his team mates shielded him from that penis of a cameraman and consoled his wife. Everybody on that pitch played a role in ensuring that this hasn't become one of the most horrific football matches of all time.

100% credit to the Denmark players, they did their teammate, his family and their whole nation proud. 

The BBC should hang their heads in shame tonight, that camera should have been cut the whole football world is in total shock at how we were allowed to see such a distressing scene. 

Pathetic thing is if it was a streaker he'd have been off the screen in seconds, so why give us at least 2 minutes of a man near his dying moment. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Eco said:

IF he took a turn for the worst, tonight? Maybe.

But you talking about 60 ish minutes before a match, which is much different than an overnight response.

But it might be too early to tell. I think the match should go ahead. 

Surely this means Belgium and Russia are on. I know UEFA has to worry about other things, but this just seem such a tall task for both teams.

Hope Lukaku is able to get a goal.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

But it might be too early to tell. I think the match should go ahead. 

Agreed. If it were to be cancelled it should be done out of respect to Eriksen. If any player feels uncomfortable, has all the right to not play. Players have received the news of deaths of their family friends before matches. 

If you are sitting feeling helpless, like most of us have been this afternoon, and want to do something. There is the opportunity to donate to the Justin Edinburgh foundation.

More information can be found on their website.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

I am pretty sure they would have asked the players.

Yeah agreed - I do think it feels a bit soon, but the fact he's woken up, and you would think they've asked the players if they're OK with it.

It's going to be an odd game this is.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

Denmark-Finland shouldn't be happening.

If the players want to play, let them. It's their choice. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived