The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Denmark 0-1 Finland - Saturday 12th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
38 minutes ago, Eco said:

So Lukaku is supposed to focus on Russia when his teammate almost died on the pitch?

Seems shit.

But if they know he's fine? Should all the games be postponed if they were a teammate of his? 

Also, you're assuming Lukaku doesn't want to play. What if he does want to? 

Fuck me, what a batshit crazy day.

I always say nothing surprises me in Football...well fuck me, I'm surprised.

P.S How do TV stations manage to pan off a streaker in a nano second but cannot cut to a studio for a good 10mins whilst someone potentially dies before our eyes?

Cunts.

• Administrator

Kasper and Kjaer are true heroes really. Their reaction to that kind of adversity, and to step up and take charge of a harrowing situation shows tremendous character. Kjaer, especially, for responding to Eriksen making sure he didn't swallow his tongue and ensuring players surround him to stop cameras going on him. 

And for both for going to console Eriksen's Mrs. 

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/denmarks-goalkeeper-kasper-schmeichel-comforts-sabrina-news-photo/1233414761

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Kasper and Kjaer are true heroes really. Their reaction to that kind of adversity, and to step up and take charge of a harrowing situation shows tremendous character. Kjaer, especially, for responding to Eriksen making sure he didn't swallow his tongue and ensuring players surround him to stop cameras going on him. 

And for both for going to console Eriksen's Mrs. 

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/denmarks-goalkeeper-kasper-schmeichel-comforts-sabrina-news-photo/1233414761

So ture, but yet Kjaer loses his man and allows a free header while Schmichel muffled the header and the Danes lose 1nil, where's the justice in that.

3 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

If you are sitting feeling helpless, like most of us have been this afternoon, and want to do something. There is the opportunity to donate to the Justin Edinburgh foundation.

More information can be found on their website.

I just went on there but got an error. I'll definitely donate though

4 hours ago, Stan said:

But if they know he's fine? Should all the games be postponed if they were a teammate of his? 

Also, you're assuming Lukaku doesn't want to play. What if he does want to? 

Yeah, obvious in hindsight, UEFA made the right call, but reading back on this scary scene, it was obvious most of us feared the worse, and thus that is what I was basing my statement on, the worse.

I think UEFA did a good job asking the players in this game what they wanted to do, and I have no complaints about how things were handled today.

Looking and actually reflecting on what we witnessed today, I have to say that was clearly the most distressing moment in sport I've ever witnessed.

What really hit home was my wife and two children were with me at the time and even though none are into football all were heavily invested on what we were seeing on screen and tears were shed.

BBC were disgusting, we shouldn't have seen those moments which could have been Christians last moments, but like millions we did. 

I just pray this isn't the end of his career, the result means fuck all now, his recovery is more important for Denmark than any performance. 

The team themselves were amazing, especially the captain and Schmeichel, credit to their nation. 

7 hours ago, Machado said:

Too many games a season. Hoping for the best but hopefully this is a catalyst for change.

7 hours ago, montybhopa said:

This is not the first time its been like this. I think he might have had some underlying issue.

Yeah it's almost certainly this. Arrhythmogenic right (or left) ventricular cardiomyopathy is no fucking joke. 
Could be an atrial septal defect. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Devil said:

Looking and actually reflecting on what we witnessed today, I have to say that was clearly the most distressing moment in sport I've ever witnessed.

What really hit home was my wife and two children were with me at the time and even though none are into football all were heavily invested on what we were seeing on screen and tears were shed.

BBC were disgusting, we shouldn't have seen those moments which could have been Christians last moments, but like millions we did. 

I just pray this isn't the end of his career, the result means fuck all now, his recovery is more important for Denmark than any performance. 

The team themselves were amazing, especially the captain and Schmeichel, credit to their nation. 

It probably will be. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived