talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ben White - Arsenal Sign Defender from Brighton

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£40m - £50m! If we honestly do that, Arteta and Edu need arresting. Can't say I've seen a lot of him even though I've heard he has had a couple of good seasons. Just don't think he moves the needle for us whatsoever, might as well give Saliva the chance surely? 

He is far too good for Arsenal. I can't see the better clubs allowing them a free shot at White like that.

Honestly though, as great as it is to see him going strength to strength, makes me absolutely gutted it's not with us. 

I'm pretty sure I said when he was playing for us he'd go on for England, just didn't think it'd be that quick.

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Arsenal with a £40m bid rejected.

That was never getting accepted. Brighton will hold closer to £50m at least and rightly so.

I’d say that is about right as he lacks qualities which would put him up to a higher price bracket. Physicality wise he’s not there or in the air and does tend to dive into tackles; he is only 23 still though mind. John Stones would have been a steal for a would-be club during his bad spell last year. Arsenal always seem to be way off the mark whenever they make a bid for someone, the headlines reads in such a pathetic way.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Inverted said:

So the financially troubled club with one of the most negative and defensive sides in England has decided it needs to spend £50m on at best a marginal defensive upgrade.

If it means they have less money to spend on Maddison I'm all for it.

The one thing I’ll say is he’s technically proficient and is a proper ball playing centre back, I don’t think he’s as average as is being made out and £50m for a centre back that is experienced at this level now and also has a peak left on him is fairly standard seeing as top Championship players go for £30m+

12 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's been one of the best centre halves in the country this season xD

He walks into the Arsenal, Chelsea Man Utd and Spurs starting XI. I'm surprised they're not interested in him. 

Ben White walks over European champions Rudiger, Silva, Dave, and Christensen? 

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

Not Rudiger and Silva, (i thought Silva was leaving this season tbf) but Ben White is certainly a better centre half than Christensen and Dave. Have you watched him play? He would be brilliant signing for Chelsea

I wouldn't mind him but he is not starting over Christensen who's arguably been Tuchel's best performer after Rudiger & Kante and Azpilicueta who is still the best 'defender' in the team. 

17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rumours are this might spark Brighton making a move for Nat Phillips.

Really? Though Phillips was a good with his head not with his feet type defender? Complete opposite of White that

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Ben White - Arsenal Sign Defender from Brighton

Archived