talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Podcasts

football forum

Do you listen to any? If so which?

Im actually the host of a podcast. No general topic but we focus a lot on Peru'a national team.

as for the ones I listen to

Mexican Soccer Show - all things Mexican football

Serie A Sitdown (former panelist)

The South American football show

Phoenix City - New Zealand footy podcast

Sempre! - Napoli podcast

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Magic Sponge - Jimmy Bullard, Rob Beckett, Ian Smith and a ex-footballer guest just talk stories from Bullard's and the ex-footballer's career. Hilarious at times. 

Listened to a Bundesliga one a few times but I can't remember what it's called. Never bother with one our fans do as it lasts about an hour and a half and I can't be bothered to listen to something that long. 

I talk breaks at work and walk around for 15-20 minutes, and it's during these times that I really knock out my podcasts. Currently I subscribe to - 

American Life
Myths and Legends
S-Town
TED Radio Hour
Serie A Sit Down
NPR Politics

I generally listen to history podcasts, I only listen to one sports podcast and it´s about the Dodgers, not football. My favorites: 

History Hit

History of Rome 

History of Byzantium 

Second Decade

The History of WWII

Revolutions

13 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I generally listen to history podcasts, I only listen to one sports podcast and it´s about the Dodgers, not football. My favorites: 

History Hit

History of Rome 

History of Byzantium 

Second Decade

The History of WWII

Revolutions

All brilliant especially History of Rome.  ;)

I also listen to some Spanish ones in that area like 'La Rosa de los Vientos' and 'Espacio en Blanco'

1 hour ago, Eco said:

I talk breaks at work and walk around for 15-20 minutes, and it's during these times that I really knock out my podcasts. Currently I subscribe to - 

American Life
Myths and Legends
S-Town
TED Radio Hour
Serie A Sit Down
NPR Politics

Mate I'm a former panelist on serie a sitdown. I left the podcast in march for a personal issue.

im Brian, the Napoli fan on there. I'm also the one who convinced James Mcghie to come on.

Graham Hunter's podcast is usually a good listen. Lots of good interviews with a vast range of people within football. His interview with Paul Clement, when at Real Madrid, was a particular highlight.

Other than that, football wise, I'll only listen to the Guardian's football podcast with James Richardson. They normally have some good guests but not the most indepth analysis.

4 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Graham Hunter's podcast is usually a good listen. Lots of good interviews with a vast range of people within football. His interview with Paul Clement, when at Real Madrid, was a particular highlight.

Other than that, football wise, I'll only listen to the Guardian's football podcast with James Richardson. They normally have some good guests but not the most indepth analysis.

Have you ever listened to 'T' the game podcast (belongs to The Times newspaper) presented by Gab Marcotti?

It's pretty decent to be honest.

avatars-000281795123-l5zzbz-t500x500.jpg

I listened to the Portugoal podcast in the past with Tom Kundert and Vasco Mota Pereira, and quite liked it. 

The only two that I listen tor regularly nowadays are the Guardian football weekly (James Richardson is great) and the Mexican soccer show. 

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Have you ever listened to 'T' the game podcast (belongs to The Times newspaper) presented by Gab Marcotti?

It's pretty decent to be honest.

avatars-000281795123-l5zzbz-t500x500.jpg

I used to listen to it, but I use Stitcher to listen to Podcasts and it doesn't seem to be available on it.

I was wondering if anyone is interested in listening to my newest pod? I'm planning to put it on itunes if the first 3-4 weeks go well. If I share it out of the blue though everyone will know my Twitter which I want to avoid giving out at least for the moment. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. We spend a lot of time talking on Peru related stuff but make sure to fit in featured competitions and talk about young talent worldwide. In the first episode, it was a 20 minute discussion with me and my co-host on a potential move for Pedro Aquino and then go on to talk about the U20 World Cup R16 with a guest from New Zealand (host of a NZ football related podcast called Phoenix City)

Besides, word of mouth directly is the best form of advertisement for me.

Podcasts I listen to regularly are;

• 5 live's Football Daily & Sport Specials
  • The Big Interview with Graham Hunter
  • Breakdown
  • Criminal
  • Defected In The House
  • Friday Night Comedy from BBC Radio 4
  • Grant Nelson's Housecall
  • The Infinite Monkey Cage
  • Kryteria Radio
  • The Magic Sponge
  • S-Town
  • Serial
  • Spinnin' Sessions
  • Toolroom Radio
  • Undisclosed

Favourites are probably Serial, The Magic Sponge, Spinnin' Sessions, and possibly Undisclosed.

• 3 months later...

Archived