talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group D) - Scotland 0-2 Czech Republic - Monday 14th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tierney has been a huge miss. Can see it evident with the back three's inability to progress the ball into midfield, and forcing it longer. Need to be able to hold onto the ball longer and relieve the pressure that the Czechs have had.

Robertson has been immense down the left hand side, and everything good has come through him. Needing something to bring a threat down the right, with Forrest being the obvious candidate to provide something.

Not that I know a lot about this Scottish team but for me, there is zero presence up front.

I think they need someone like Adams up there who can offer more of a physical threat.

Plus you know he'll press the Czech defence. A real workhorse.

Just now, Lucas said:

Not that I know a lot about this Scottish team but for me, there is zero presence up front.

I think they need someone like Adams up there who can offer more of a physical threat.

Dykes is what he is, he's a grafter who will put himself about, press, and chase down long balls. He's not a goalscorer, really.

Things looked much better in the last few games with Adams playing off of him, being a goal threat and moving into the spaces he makes. Playing a creator like Christie off of Dykes doesn't really gel that well, and never really has.

Clarke has been a bit too loyal to Christie, I think.

To be fair the Czech's looked pretty comfortable there, I didn't see anything other than Robertson to give them much of a chance going forward. 

Dykes looks his level, think you need a player who can give the Czech's more to think about then he does.

Defo get Che Adams and Forrest on the field.

• The title was changed to (Group D) - Scotland 0-1 Czech Republic - Monday 14th June, 2021
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well, credit to Clarke. At least he's seen what we've all seen and made an immediate change rather than wait.

Why wouldn't you have had him on from the start though, he's clearly the only man who can carry the ball for them. 

• The title was changed to (Group D) - Scotland 0-2 Czech Republic - Monday 14th June, 2021
  • Administrator

That's a proper sucker-punch for Scotland as they were well on top for a good few minutes with their pressure. 

Schick's done brilliantly well to spot Marshall off the line and curl it in from that far. 

• Administrator
Just now, McAzeem said:

Never understood the hype around these types of goals

Why? You make it sound like it's such an easy thing to do xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived