• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jim White Leaving Sky Sports

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Glad the feeling about him seems to be that he's a nob, because he is.

Yep. Gave up on Talksport for podcasts  because of him. How Simon Jordan can tolerate a man who accused him of flaunting his rolex when he was robbed at gunpoint at midday on a high street ill never know. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yep. Gave up on Talksport for podcasts  because of him. How Simon Jordan can tolerate a man who accused him of flaunting his rolex when he was robbed at gunpoint at midday on a high street ill never know. 

Those two are so far apart in terms of quality of output it's unreal. Jordan's the best on there by a mile, White is a fucking cretin.

7 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I must admit I listen to TalkSport when Simon Jordan is on, best by a mile.

Ally McCoist is good too just from a pure banter point of view, but the rest are a bit shit.

The last time I listened which must have been just before Covid, the transition they were doing for Alan Brazil to Ally McCoist/Laura Woods at that time in the morning seemed a smart one. Alan Brazil in the most polite term is an idiot but nobody wants serious stuff at 6am in the morning. Moving from a calamity that can't pronounce names to cheery/giggly characters that people can resonate with seemed a sensible move.

Unfortunately I can't see them making many sensible decisions. Kaveh Solhekol is an absolute shoe in for Talksport one day given the amount of bollocks he's happy to spout on Sky Sports on a regular basis. Anybody worth their salt seems to go in the podcast relm and that's evident by some of the names that pop up on my timeline that work for Talksport now. Jesus. Jamie O'Hara and Gabriel Agbonlahor are the first that spring to mind. I couldn't think of worse characters over the previous ten years. They may as well have hired Adam Johnson. Give me the likes of James Richardson and his band of merry men that follow him any day of the week. 

The beauty of todays sports media is there are 100's of outlets to choose from to get your football jackanory fix.

Alas for every Jordan there are 1000's of twatheads who should come with a warning thier noise will insult the intelligence of a small child.

White filled a need when SSN was first introduced. However he has been cloned so many times with excitable fools producing over hyped news, often wrong, filling the weak minded who love the National sport with untruths who in turn put out their own garbage\spin on forums phone-ins ect.

Archived