(Group F) - Hungary 0-3 Portugal - Tuesday 15th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

How has Dias been booked there?

Thought that was weird too.

Ronaldo has been better than expected. Bruno Fernandes totally invisible, but that's usually the case for the national team. I think one of the problems is that he's used to be the main man but he's far from that in this group of players.

No complaints about William and Danilo in the midfield. Most of our game is flowing, just need to adjust the final pass and finish.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

These last few games are sending me to sleep

Honestly? I even thought about a thread on this topic, but my excitement regarding football has considerably diminished in the last few years. 

It feels like every team plays on a 4-3-3 variation and use the same kind of tactics to create chances, moving the ball around and being very conservative not to lose ball possession. 

Football is becoming a bit like handball in a way, with creativity and improvisation being progressively stamped out.

5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Honestly? I even thought about a thread on this topic, but my excitement regarding football has considerably diminished in the last few years. 

It feels like every team plays on a 4-3-3 variation and use the same kind of tactics to create chances, moving the ball around and being very conservative not to lose ball possession. 

Football is becoming a bit like handball in a way, with creativity and improvisation being progressively stamped out.

International football is going through a phase of congested tactics like in early 90s.

16 minutes ago, Machado said:

Thought that was weird too.

Ronaldo has been better than expected. Bruno Fernandes totally invisible, but that's usually the case for the national team. I think one of the problems is that he's used to be the main man but he's far from that in this group of players.

No complaints about William and Danilo in the midfield. Most of our game is flowing, just need to adjust the final pass and finish.

Bruno really reminds me of Coutinho. Am I the only one who thinks that? 🤔

He's the kind of attacking midfielder who tends to create chances for himself, not for his teammates. 

They both thrive when they're in teams where they're the main focus of the attack and struggle when they have better teammates around them. 

13 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Cesc Fabregas touched on this the other day when doing punditry for BBC, only he referred to it as being 'robotic'.

I would tend to agree but the problem is not enough people are brave enough to go against the template.

It's very rare you see anyone play a 4-4-2 with two proper strikers now, quite sad to see really. It's all about inverted wingers and full backs.

Maybe if we clone Marcelo Bielsa, things would be different.

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Bruno really reminds me of Coutinho. Am I the only one who thinks that? 🤔

He's the kind of attacking midfielder who tends to create chances for himself, not for his teammates. 

They both thrive when they're in teams where they're the main focus of the attack and struggle when they have better teammates around them. 

He created the most ‘big chances’ in the premier league last season and had the second most assists.

20 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

International football is going through a phase of congested tactics like in early 90s.

I fear that the globalization led to a universal approach of how developing players. So, we're all more similar than we used to be and that shock of culture and different styles that made international football so interesting has simply disappeared. 

Kids are being taught positional play all over the world. 

In that sense, France and the street football played in the parisian outskirts is the last beacon of resistance against this sanitized, universal way of football.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

He created the most ‘big chances’ in the premier league last season and had the second most assists.

Oh, thanks for correction. I don't watch him much, so I might be projecting my criticism of Coutinho on Bruno. haha

I love a good atmosphere as much as anyone. But a sold out stadium with 67k people, without any chance of distancing etc. it does seem a bit much with covid still looming. 

49 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

Because they are past your bed time

39 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

second half has been much better tbqh

• The title was changed to (Group F) - Hungary 0-3 Portugal - Tuesday 15th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived