The better place to talk football.

(Group F) - France 1-0 Germany - Tuesday 15th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This linesup with a couple of "leaks" that have been making the rounds. We'll see. I like Schweini's more. 

lineup__10_.png

That is extremely attacking and doesn't provide much cover against France's very good attacking talent.

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Stan said:

That is extremely attacking and doesn't provide much cover against France's very good attacking talent.

I agree. If memory serves Kroos and Gundogan have never been very good together in the middle. Thats the big loss with Kimmich moving to RB. The best alternative is what Tommy posted imo with Can in the picture. Albeit this is all said assuming Goretzka cant play as well which seems maybe 50/50?

Kroos-Gundogan seems like an extremely lightweight midfield pair. You need to somehow replace Goretzka's physicality.

Schweinsteiger's lineup has the right idea I think. One out of Can or Kimmich should be in midfield.

Germany needs to focus for full 90. Too many times recently where they either lead or tied and let in a late  goal 

this Germany team can’t buy a cleansheet it seems. Coupled with Frances offence double as difficult 

never went into a tournament with such Löw expectations. I thought the extra year would give the team time to get things straightened out but in that time 6:0 to a Spain side who drew with Sweden and a 2:1 loss to north Macedonia who lost to Austria. 

just hoping not to give up more than 2 against France. 

6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Muscular injury he's expected to return on Friday versus Portugal, though.

You'd hope. Not much pace in that midfield. Kante ran circles around Kroos and Modric during the CL tie. 

• The title was changed to (Group F) - France 1-0 Germany - Tuesday 15th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived