talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group F) - France 1-0 Germany - Tuesday 15th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany look like they are in dire need of a proper number 9. Ironically, Lewandowski is exactly what they are lacking. Never really replaced Klose have they?

Not well versed on the whole German squad but I wonder if its worth them sticking an Emre Can in midfield, just to give them more presence and combat the domination Kante, Pogba and Rabiot are having.

Positively surprised. Expected worse. Just lacking a bit of precision in the final third. Also not impressed with Robin Gosens. Either he passes it back to Rüdiger, or loses the ball with a weird sideways pass. But other than that, I think we can still get something out of this. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

If France wins the Euro, I think he should get the Ballon d'Or. 

Being an instrumental piece of Champions + international title in the same season is quite the accomplishment. 

He really should. He's fully deserving of it. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

Only really performed half the season at club level but his influence has been immense. 

This is the closest I've seen him to 15/16 levels. It really is a joy to watch. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Apart from a few select players, there's not much 'quality' on show considering the stature of the players and squads. 

That French move was pretty slick.

• The title was changed to (Group F) - France 1-0 Germany - Tuesday 15th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived