• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group F) - France 1-0 Germany - Tuesday 15th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Devil said:

Scary fact is if England win the group we play the runner up of this group. 

Finish second and we play the runner up of the group of Spain. 

Where is the justice in that. 😂

Surely Gareth will have this in his head, we have more chance of going further by coming second. 

Beat Germany, then Spain, then France, then Italy to win it. Would be the most worthy champion ever :ph34r:

• The title was changed to (Group F) - France 1-0 Germany - Tuesday 15th June, 2021

Was hoping Germany would get an equaliser so that France weren't rewarded for being defensive. Don't blame them for being defensive but from an entertainment point of view, it'd be better if they were made to rethink their tactics. 

I don't think we looked that bad against the allegedly best team in the tournament. Statistics wise we dominated them in almost every area. It's just that we massively lacked creativity going forward. There was almost nothing coming from the wings. If a cross came in, it was mostly from LB Gosens or RB Kimmich. Also expected more creatively from Gündogan and Kroos, but I guess they were busy with defensive work. That's why I thought it would be a better idea to have a proper DM like Can playing behind them. Oh well, I think we have what it takes to beat Portugal and Hungary. And then we'll dismantle the English again. 

Watched this in bed on my phone. 

Gnabry up front. Fuck me
Werner and Sane as "impact subs" Fuck me. 
Tony Kroos is a direct symptom of the aging Real Madrid midfield who can't capture their former glorys. Why Is he starting? Why is Kimmich being wasted out right (he was better out there than usual though TBH) 

It's a well known fact I hate hummels, and obviously I wouldn't have started him in this game. But other than the OG that cost Germany the match, he actually played reasonably well.  

Only 2 games left of Löw being in charge!

at least wasn’t another 6:0 disaster 

hummels always on the  end of a corner or free kick and always heads it over. But he scored in this game 👍

only goal was an own goal..who would have thought. 

Germany seemed so slow going forward. Were they scared to be caught in the counter. 

don’t understand why subs are made at the 87th minute  when you are losing.  Doesn’t make sense. How is a player to make an impact?

due to the garbage format of the tournament, a loss to Portugal (which is a definite possibility) would not mean elimination. 

biggest positive...only 2 more games of Löw

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

I don't think we looked that bad against the allegedly best team in the tournament. Statistics wise we dominated them in almost every area. It's just that we massively lacked creativity going forward. There was almost nothing coming from the wings. If a cross came in, it was mostly from LB Gosens or RB Kimmich. Also expected more creatively from Gündogan and Kroos, but I guess they were busy with defensive work. That's why I thought it would be a better idea to have a proper DM like Can playing behind them. Oh well, I think we have what it takes to beat Portugal and Hungary. And then we'll dismantle the English again. 

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. I thought Löw might actually change formations when he brought on Werner but I disgress.

Löw should absolutely know by now how to get the most out of Müller and he continues to do the opposite. Gnabry and Sane are both out of form, both had very mixed seasons, tough to rely on either at the moment. The biggest surprise for me was actually how poor a match Havertz had; the guy was completely lethargic out there, never took balls cleanly and took an extra touch seemingly everytime, simply he has to be miles better to have a chance here.

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Watched this in bed on my phone. 

Gnabry up front. Fuck me
Werner and Sane as "impact subs" Fuck me. 
Tony Kroos is a direct symptom of the aging Real Madrid midfield who can't capture their former glorys. Why Is he starting? Why is Kimmich being wasted out right (he was better out there than usual though TBH)

It's a well known fact I hate hummels, and obviously I wouldn't have started him in this game. But other than the OG that cost Germany the match, he actually played reasonably well. 

I think at the end of the day the system doesnt make sense. There isnt a number 9 to be feeding these crosses into and Gosens isnt good enough to be the one to do it anyways. There was 0 creativity through the middle of the park and that should be our strength if anything.

Despite my reservations about Ginter I thought he actually played quite well and made up for Hummels on multiple occasions. I just cant help but think why would you not even have Boateng in this squad still, not that that is the difference here at all but still boggles my mind.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Portugal are going to go through over Germany, tbh.

I cant wait for the next round of games from this group now. I think the game against Portugal will be way more open for Germany versus how it was against France. 

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Oh well, I think we have what it takes to beat Portugal and Hungary. And then we'll dismantle the English again. 

Shows how much Germany has fallen one has to think before beating Hungary and dismantling England is what for look forward to :coffee: Sad 

1 minute ago, shut up said:

Can't wait to see Foden and Grealish vs Hummels at Wembley :D

Foden vs. Grealish against the World Champion? Something the two former will never be? Bring it on! 

It might have been a stressful match for French fans but the players never looked under the knife even though Germans had most possession. Just shows how strong they are defensively and you would have noticed that France have a habit of underachieving in group games. Same happened in WC too where they had close victories against Peru, Australia and then absolutely smashed Argentina out of the park

• The topic was unpinned

Archived