The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Coma

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Have you ever been in a coma?

What do you like most about your life right now? 

What do you do for work and hobbies? 

Do you remember the first football game you went to watch? 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Have you ever been in a coma?

What do you like most about your life right now? 

What do you do for work and hobbies? 

Do you remember the first football game you went to watch? 

I have never been in a coma.

Tough question.  I have three boys ages 14, 10, and 6 and I love them to death, but I like how they're getting old enough that the wife and I can go out without them now from time to time.  I'm beginning to get some of that freedom back that I had in my early 20's and I want to make time to travel more.  When I got out of school I jumped right into the work force and have been working my ass off for 20 years.  Now I have the time (and the money) to see the world and I'm looking forward to it.  My wife and I were able to go to the Bahamas in 2019 and once COVID protocols drop off I want to see Europe.  

I work as an environmental engineer at a large steel production plant in the Midwest USA.  The work has become largely repetitive and uninteresting but the pay and benefits are great so I'm hesitant to look for other work.  I cannot work remotely due to the nature of my work so I do go to an office everyday, which is probably a blessing because I doubt that I'd have the motivation to work if I was at home all day.  I used to have a lot more hobbies when I had more time.  Now I just largely focus on watching/reading up on football and listening to music.  I can play guitar, bass, and drums and have dabbled with writing and recording my own material over the years, largely for my own enjoyment, although I haven't picked up an instrument in awhile now so I'm pretty rusty.  I've also found drinking beer to be quite the past-time.

I'm late to the whole "live football" scene, unfortunately.  I have been following Leeds United and Dortmund since the 99-00 seasons but have never traveled to Europe to see a live game, either for financial reasons or time constraints.  When my hometown started a USL team back in 2015ish I started going regularly to watch games and am now a season ticket holder.  I did play for several years up to the U15 level but was largely an unused sub.

• Subscriber

Are you married/single?
Other than Leeds is there any other team that you follow?
Nearly coming up to a year in TF365, are you enjoying your time in here?

Edit: Forget that question, Stan has already asked it and you answered. :ay:

1) One thing you like about American sports you think Europe should follow and vice versa ?

2) As an environmental engineer 

A. What's your take on climate change ? 

B. Are cloud making factories real ? 

3) Greatest American ever? 

4) Favourite & least favourite part of U. S. ?

5) Order these based on preference 

Heredity wealth, Property, Higher Education, Friends with POTUS

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Coma said:

I have never been in a coma.

Tough question.  I have three boys ages 14, 10, and 6 and I love them to death, but I like how they're getting old enough that the wife and I can go out without them now from time to time.  I'm beginning to get some of that freedom back that I had in my early 20's and I want to make time to travel more.  When I got out of school I jumped right into the work force and have been working my ass off for 20 years.  Now I have the time (and the money) to see the world and I'm looking forward to it.  My wife and I were able to go to the Bahamas in 2019 and once COVID protocols drop off I want to see Europe.  

I work as an environmental engineer at a large steel production plant in the Midwest USA.  The work has become largely repetitive and uninteresting but the pay and benefits are great so I'm hesitant to look for other work.  I cannot work remotely due to the nature of my work so I do go to an office everyday, which is probably a blessing because I doubt that I'd have the motivation to work if I was at home all day.  I used to have a lot more hobbies when I had more time.  Now I just largely focus on watching/reading up on football and listening to music.  I can play guitar, bass, and drums and have dabbled with writing and recording my own material over the years, largely for my own enjoyment, although I haven't picked up an instrument in awhile now so I'm pretty rusty.  I've also found drinking beer to be quite the past-time.

I'm late to the whole "live football" scene, unfortunately.  I have been following Leeds United and Dortmund since the 99-00 seasons but have never traveled to Europe to see a live game, either for financial reasons or time constraints.  When my hometown started a USL team back in 2015ish I started going regularly to watch games and am now a season ticket holder.  I did play for several years up to the U15 level but was largely an unused sub.

Nice, thanks for the answers!

Enjoy your holidays and time to enjoy life :D. Any particular countries in Europe that are top of the list?

Any music stuff we can listen to? Which out of those do you prefer to play (guitar, bass, drums)?

If you could have a 5-a-side team with Leeds or Dortmund players who would you have? Can be past or present players. 

If you were to travel to Europe to see a game (aside from Leeds/Dortmund), which teams would you love to watch? Or stadiums you would love to visit?

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Are you married/single?
Other than Leeds is there any other team that you follow?
Nearly coming up to a year in TF365, are you enjoying your time in here?

Married to my wife for 17 years.  Met online on an old app called ICQ and I went to visit her at her dad's house blind.  Been in love ever since.

I follow Roma in Italy as Totti is/was my favorite player of all time, Dortmund in Germany (although I'm obsessed with German football culture and have a soft spot for several other teams), and FC Cincinnati because they're my hometown team.  

Really enjoying my time on here.  I've been a member on the famed WACCOE board for years and the bile that comes from that site is unreal.  It's nice to be able to chat football sensibly without abuse.

1 hour ago, McAzeem said:

1) One thing you like about American sports you think Europe should follow and vice versa ?

2) As an environmental engineer 

A. What's your take on climate change ? 

B. Are cloud making factories real ? 

3) Greatest American ever? 

4) Favourite & least favourite part of U. S. ?

5) Order these based on preference 

Heredity wealth, Property, Higher Education, Friends with POTUS

1) I'd like to see salary caps or something similar in European football.  Even if it's just a limit on % of wages/turnover.  Would keep a lot of clubs in check, big and small.  Personally, I'm a big fan of relegation/promotion but the US doesn't have the structure in place for that.

2) I think climate change is real, but I'm not sure how you can differentiate the impact of industry from natural factors.  For instance, the earth has already gone through multiple changes over the millions of years (ice age, meteors, dinosaurs, etc.) so how do we know that this is a man-made occurrence and not another natural cycle?  I know that sounds like a cop out.  At the end of the day, we'd be stupid to not do everything we can to reduce GHG emissions and industries have a long way to go to get right.  I see it from the industry perspective and we can do a lot better.  I don't know anything about cloud factories?

3) Greatest American ever?  Tough call.  Abe Lincoln?  Teddy Roosevelt?

4) Favorite part of US is anywhere that has open outdoor space where you can breathe.  Just recently went out west for the first time and I'd love to move out there someday.  Don't know if I have a least favorite part as there are plenty of places I haven't been.  I've heard New Jersey sucks.

5) Wealth, property, higher ed, friends with POTUS.  Let's be real here, I want stuff.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Nice, thanks for the answers!

Enjoy your holidays and time to enjoy life :D. Any particular countries in Europe that are top of the list?

Any music stuff we can listen to? Which out of those do you prefer to play (guitar, bass, drums)?

If you could have a 5-a-side team with Leeds or Dortmund players who would you have? Can be past or present players. 

If you were to travel to Europe to see a game (aside from Leeds/Dortmund), which teams would you love to watch? Or stadiums you would love to visit?

Germany, Italy, Spain would be my priorities but I'd settle for just flying over and spending a month driving around Europe.

I have nothing recorded that I would ever share with anyone else lol.  It's good enough for me and that's all that matters.  I prefer bass to any other instrument.  Bass players don't get enough credit.  Geddy Lee is my hero.

That's hard to do as I've always had affinities for teams/eras and not individual players.  Some of my favorite players from those teams are Piszczek, Hummels, Jan Koller, Luciano Becchio, James Milner, David Batty.

Would love to go see games from the old DDR Oberliga teams.  Magdeburg, Chemie Leipzig, Dresden.  Would love to experience the St. Pauli atmosphere.  Any tour of German football stadiums would be alright by me, regardless of the teams.  Wouldn't mind seeing some much smaller sides as well like Die Füchse or SV Lichtenberg 47.

• Subscriber

1) Favourite Bundesliga player

2) Favourite Dortmund player (if different)

3) Have you visited the American Politics thread? (before you do who do you support politics wise? no judging)

4) Have you ever visited Canada? if so do tell.

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

1) Favourite Bundesliga player

2) Favourite Dortmund player (if different)

3) Have you visited the American Politics thread? (before you do who do you support politics wise? no judging)

4) Have you ever visited Canada? if so do tell.

1) As much as I hate to admit this my favorite non-Dortmund player has to be Thomas Müller.  The dude is freaking amazing.

2) Dortmund player has to be Piszczek, although I really like Hummels as well.

3) I try to stay away from politics threads.  I tend to vote Democrat if only because I believe in gun control and universal healthcare, but I've not been happy with any party over the past several years.

4) I was close to visiting Canada once, but the trip fell through at the last minute.  I'm a huge Rush fan and would like to visit Toronto before I die.  A friend of mine says Vancouver is very cool as well.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Best book you ever read? One fiction and one non-fiction, preferably.

What is your most favourite beer ever?

Best fiction book was The Hobbit.  Best non-fiction book was The Great Siege (about Knights of Malta during 1500's).  I used to read a lot more but leider Ich habe kein freizeit.

Favorite beer that I recall had to be Hopaggedon by a small California brewery.  I've had it a few times but it's hard to find and I'm not even sure I remember what it tastes like now lol.  I just remember saying "whoa" out loud when I took the first swig.

download (1).jpg

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Coma said:

1) As much as I hate to admit this my favorite non-Dortmund player has to be Thomas Müller.  The dude is freaking amazing.

2) Dortmund player has to be Piszczek, although I really like Hummels as well.

3) I try to stay away from politics threads.  I tend to vote Democrat if only because I believe in gun control and universal healthcare, but I've not been happy with any party over the past several years.

4) I was close to visiting Canada once, but the trip fell through at the last minute.  I'm a huge Rush fan and would like to visit Toronto before I die.  A friend of mine says Vancouver is very cool as well.

I live in a suburb of Vancouver, I highly recommend. I would compare BC probably closest to Oregon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived