talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group A) - Italy 3-0 Switzerland - Wednesday 16th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just the one change for Italy with Di Lorenzo starting in place of Florenzi, after replacing him at half time in the Turkey match.

Switzerland haven't beaten Italy since Roy Hodgson was in charge, and expecting that to continue tonight.

With Verratti back to fitness, hopefully he can get on later on in the game and can improve this team even further. 

• The title was changed to (Group A) - Italy 1-0 Switzerland - Wednesday 16th June, 2021
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Midfield is incredibly balanced. Says a lot when Verratti who was instrumental in qualifying looks out of place. 

How do Chelsea fans in general rate Jorginho? My impression from afar is that the fans either rate him or hate him. 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

How do Chelsea fans in general rate Jorginho? My impression from afar is that there fans either rate him or hate him. 

He's got the syndrome of other Brazillian and Italian players, only want to play in Italy and cant wait to get out of England which is weird bc if you look at England among other European countries, it is by far the most welcoming country.

Just now, El Profesor said:

How do Chelsea fans in general rate Jorginho? My impression from afar is that there fans either rate him or hate him. 

50/50 from where I see. Those that see his use and those that find him useless. Understanding what he brings to the team, I appreciate his value. He's never really been in a balanced midfield since he's been with us, but he's been crucial in very big games whether people like it or not. He helped us transition into a more progressive team but at this point I feel that we have outgrown him. His role should be limited. 

He definitely looks better in the national team set up with Barella and Locatelli. 

Really like that Spinazzola. He impressed me in the first game and he's standing out again today.

Hard to believe he's a right footed left back. Looks so comfortable there and he's no worries getting to the byline for a cross eachtime.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Berardi you mean?

Yep. I thought they said Insigne on commentary. 

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Really like that Spinazzola. He impressed me in the first game and he's standing out again today.

Hard to believe he's a right footed left back. Looks so comfortable there and he's no worries getting to the byline for a cross eachtime.

Same.

Overall I think I've heavily underestimated this whole Italy side. I didn't expect them to be this good. Chiellini going off does beg the question on how they'll manage against better sides with better attackers. Let's face it Switzerland and Turkey haven't given them much of a test. But Italy themselves have looked so slick and confident and organised. They're not boring and aren't just settling for 1-0s like several Italy sides previously. They're actually entertaining to watch. Perhaps need to be more clinical on today's showing but they don't even have to come out of 2nd gear right now. Can save those performances for later on in the competition.

Superb half from Italy once again. A few counter attacks from Switzerland, but don't think Donnarumma has had a save to make.

Locatelli is making it really difficult for Mancini to bring Verratti back into the team. The energy from the team is unmatched from anyone else is this tournament so far, can only really worry that they may be peaking too soon. But that really is a first world problem for them to have.

• The title was changed to (Group A) - Italy 3-0 Switzerland - Wednesday 16th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived