talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group A) - Italy 3-0 Switzerland - Wednesday 16th June, 2021

football forum

3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Superb half from Italy once again. A few counter attacks from Switzerland, but don't think Donnarumma has had a save to make.

Locatelli is making it really difficult for Mancini to bring Verratti back into the team. The energy from the team is unmatched from anyone else is this tournament so far, can only really worry that they may be peaking too soon. But that really is a first world problem for them to have.

Yes the energy and amount of pressing/running to last through the tournament may be tiring for them. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep. I thought they said Insigne on commentary. 

Same.

Overall I think I've heavily underestimated this whole Italy side. I didn't expect them to be this good. Chiellini going off does beg the question on how they'll manage against better sides with better attackers. Let's face it Switzerland and Turkey haven't given them much of a test. But Italy themselves have looked so slick and confident and organised. They're not boring and aren't just settling for 1-0s like several Italy sides previously. They're actually entertaining to watch. Perhaps need to be more clinical on today's showing but they don't even have to come out of 2nd gear right now. Can save those performances for later on in the competition.

Defence gonna be issue against better attackers. Can't have two oldies against Mbappe, He is gonna murder both of them. Forget about Mbappe, not even against Foden, or Mount.

Just now, montybhopa said:

Defence gonna be issue against better attackers. Can't have two oldies against Mbappe, He is gonna murder both of them. Forget about Mbappe, not even against Foden, or Mount.

True about the competition faced so far.  Turkey losing again today 2:0 (could’ve been 3 if Bale converted the pk)

swiss couldn’t hold on to a 1:0 lead  against wales in the opener was never a great attacking threat before the tournament  

but u have to win what’s in front of you and Italy has been doing that

18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Italy a pleasure to watch, the sort of team you just think the players must love playing in. Hard working, dangerous and a really nice balance about them.

I got this impression, you don’t have the relentlessness that they have in attack and pressing if you don’t love what you’re doing. It really comes across

2 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

What a player Locatelli, cant believe this team did not make it to last WC. What a difference a manager can make 

Most of these players weren't in the team then because they were too young.

4 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

What a player Locatelli, cant believe this team did not make it to last WC. What a difference a manager can make 

This. Managers can break or make a team. 
conte at the euro 2016 is another example of getting 100%from his side

1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

But the likes of Insigne, Immobile, Chellini, Bonucci were there.

They had a bad draw which put in with Spain in qualifying. Where they drew and lost against them. 
then in the playoffs against Sweden lost 1:0 on aggregate where insigne was on the bench unused

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Chiellini might not even play if his hamstring injury is serious...

5 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

But the likes of Insigne, Immobile, Chellini, Bonucci were there.

Any many of the others weren't. More than just four to a squad mate, this is a very new team for the most part.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

The player they replaced him with is another 33 year old.

Fair enough, I didn't know Acerbi was that old. Didn't even think he was that side of 30!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Fair enough, I didn't know Acerbi was that old. Didn't even think he was that side of 30!

Late bloomer, only really started to shine close to 30.  Absolute stud for Sassuolo and Lazio

• The title was changed to (Group A) - Italy 3-0 Switzerland - Wednesday 16th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived