The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Finland 0-1 Russia - Wednesday 16th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Finland take the lead!!

Pohjanpalo powering in a header after Russia lose the ball in defence.

EDIT: Offside. That's a shame. Looked close. 

• The title was changed to (Group B) - Finland 0-0 Russia - Wednesday 16th June, 2021

Amazes me how shite Russia actually are at sports. 

Considering the size of the country and number of years they've competed at Championships they seem to get worse with every event. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Amazes me how shite Russia actually are at sports. 

Considering the size of the country and number of years they've competed at Championships they seem to get worse with every event.  

They are actually really good at sports, just watch the Winter Olympics to prove it. 

What amazes me, is how crap India are at sports. Outside of Cricket, they really don't do much in any sport that I can think of and have MUCH more people than Russia has.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

They are actually really good at sports, just watch the Winter Olympics to prove it. 

What amazes me, is how crap India are at sports. Outside of Cricket, they really don't do much in any sport that I can think of and have MUCH more people than Russia has.

That's because it's not their national sport, Cricket is huge in India and they don't see football as that important.

Russia on the other hand love football but they've been on a downward spiral ever since the 80's. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Should not have been called offside

Why? He was offside xD 

3 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Another horrific injury in Finland game

'horrific' is a bit of a stretch. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

That's because it's not their national sport, Cricket is huge in India and they don't see football as that important. 

Russia on the other hand love football but they've been on a downward spiral ever since the 80's. 

Having lived in Russia and a mother from USSR, I can assure you that it's not the national sport either. But when you said sports, I assumed you meant all sports. Chess is much more popular in Russia, and they dominate it to a degree where it's almost shocking (and I am counting the amount of GMs a country has).

Russia's national sport though, hands down, is hockey, and they are no slouch at it and compete at the same elite level they have since the old Soviet days.

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

Their team sport number 1 is Ice hockey, though.

• Administrator

Wow, what a clearance that is from the Finland defender. 

Slow-motion replays make that look horrific :ph34r:.

Very unfortunate for the defender to get the boot back in his face as the Russia player collided with the post. 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Has there been a worse game of football so far in this tournament than this? Mistakes everywhere and Russia are afraid to shoot 

Terrible, doesn't help their striker looks as mobile as a pre oiled tin man. 

• The title was changed to (Group B) - Finland 0-1 Russia - Wednesday 16th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived