Aaron Ramsey - Loan to Rangers

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
25 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Get it done. Joe Willock is in dog shit form this season

It is just me or do we see it quite often where a player has a really good loan spell, move is made permanent and then they're just really...average?

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

It is just me or do we see it quite often where a player has a really good loan spell, move is made permanent and then they're just really...average?

Happened to Kenedy for us, but was a loan the 2nd time.

I think it is in part to do with them not really wanting to come back. They do really well and hope that gets them something better. 

1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

Happened to Kenedy for us, but was a loan the 2nd time.

I think it is in part to do with them not really wanting to come back. They do really well and hope that gets them something better. 

Can never get my head around footballers. I know it's a different world, but I work after uni at a bottleshop for 6 hours, for 29 bucks an hour. And I go in every day and do a good job. I don't necessarily do my very best work every day, but I do everything asked, and never complain. Surely, playing in front of 60000 people a game, in the premier league, for a couple mil per season is enough to motivate a person.  

@Devil-Dick Willie but working in a bottle shop isnt competitive. Athletes are highly competitive people. When you put a load of highly competitive people together the ones who are still trying very hard but not as hard as the others look lazy. I'm pretty certain if you put a load of highly competitive people in the bottle shop you would soon look lazy 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie but working in a bottle shop isnt competitive. Athletes are highly competitive people. When you put a load of highly competitive people together the ones who are still trying very hard but not as hard as the others look lazy. I'm pretty certain if you put a load of highly competitive people in the bottle shop you would soon look lazy 

Or I'd rise to the challenge? Like competitive people do. 

The entire point I'm making is he should be working hard. 

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Or I'd rise to the challenge? Like competitive people do. 

The entire point I'm making is he should be working hard. 

Yeah but he has other people around him who are also highly competitive. I think you are underestimating the amount of effort it takes at the premier league level. I think alot of fans do to be honest. I'm sure most players try very hard but some will always have that bit more energy than some 

Having moved countries but still in the Anglosphere, I can imagine how fucking depressing it must be for Kenedy to go from Brazil to Newcastle, and i’m  sure the latter is a fine town but fuck-me-dead sometimes I actually just want to kill myself in the middle of winter just because of how bleak it is. It isn’t so simple  as ‘play the football and try your best’. Shit, sometimes you just miss the sun, the culture, the little things, and it isn’t like he can walk over to his neighbour and have a lovely chat in Portuguese. It is like being ground into dust from the disconnect with how you feel inside and the environment around you. Next thing you know you are going through the motions and your best is now actually your 50%, then 25% and then whatever least effort to maximum return you can find. It is like a cancer than rots you out from the inside and next you know it is just a menial chore with no reward. Yeah a nice fat bank account though, can’t buy sunshine with that

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Having moved countries but still in the Anglosphere, I can imagine how fucking depressing it must be for Kenedy to go from Brazil to Newcastle, and i’m  sure the latter is a fine town but fuck-me-dead sometimes I actually just want to kill myself in the middle of winter just because of how bleak it is. It isn’t so simple  as ‘play the football and try your best’. Shit, sometimes you just miss the sun, the culture, the little things, and it isn’t like he can walk over to his neighbour and have a lovely chat in Portuguese. It is like being ground into dust from the disconnect with how you feel inside and the environment around you. Next thing you know you are going through the motions and your best is now actually your 50%, then 25% and then whatever least effort to maximum return you can find. It is like a cancer than rots you out from the inside and next you know it is just a menial chore with no reward. Yeah a nice fat bank account though, can’t buy sunshine with that

Seasonal depression on top of homesickness must be a bitch

What are your winters like though @Spike

Newcastle is only 2 or 3 degrees colder than London on average in winter. English winters are mild. Especially compared to the US.

Most footballers these days are regularly jetting off to places like dubai through the winter for a couple of days.

37 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Newcastle is only 2 or 3 degrees colder than London on average in winter. English winters are mild. Especially compared to the US.

Most footballers these days are regularly jetting off to places like dubai through the winter for a couple of days.

Seven hours of sunlight, snow and ice, drops down as much as -15, with wind feels like -25. Inconsistent but since January it has been like a tundra. There is no substitution for ‘home’

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

Seven hours of sunlight, snow and ice, drops down as much as -15, with wind feels like -25. Inconsistent but since January it has been like a tundra. There is no substitution for ‘home’

Yeah we don't get anything even near that. Brits like to small talk about the weather, since I started working with Americans virtually I've stopped talking about it out of embarrassment. Our complaints seem trivial next to their weather. I started by saying it was getting cold and then they'd say they've got 2ft of snow. 

8 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

I call bullshit. There is a noticeable difference in the weather between being in London and being up north, the midlands or Wales, even if it is officially a 2-3 degree difference, it feels more like 3-5 degrees. And that 5 degrees is the difference between waking up and thinking the weather isn't terrible today and waking up and wanting to walk into the sea and not turn back because Winter is shit. I have been to North Wales and my testicle has wanted to fall off, same weekend I was back down in London and I was in shorts and a t shirt. London isn't Madrid or Barcelona but physically and psychologically it's a much warmer city than cities further north even if that difference is just 3-5 degrees.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

I call bullshit. There is a noticeable difference in the weather between being in London and being up north, the midlands or Wales, even if it is officially a 2-3 degree difference, it feels more like 3-5 degrees. And that 5 degrees is the difference between waking up and thinking the weather isn't terrible today and waking up and wanting to walk into the sea and not turn back because Winter is shit. I have been to North Wales and my testicle has wanted to fall off, same weekend I was back down in London and I was in shorts and a t shirt. London isn't Madrid or Barcelona but physically and psychologically it's a much warmer city than cities further north even if that difference is just 3-5 degrees.

It's all in your head. Your body gets used to one climate that it over reacts to quick change. Like when you come back from holiday and stepping off the plane feels colder than what it did before you left.

In the summer the difference is 5-7 degrees, sometimes more. In the winter the difference is not as big as that because Newcastle is on the coast. Today it is the same temperature in Newcastle as it is in London.

Wor lass is a Londoner and she thinks the winters in Newcastle feel more pleasant than London. The reason for that perception is whenever she goes it is clear blue sky and a clean crisp air whereas London is always grey and miserable in her mind.

14 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

It's all in your head. Your body gets used to one climate that it over reacts to quick change. Like when you come back from holiday and stepping off the plane feels colder than what it did before you left.

In the summer the difference is 5-7 degrees, sometimes more. In the winter the difference is not as big as that because Newcastle is on the coast. Today it is the same temperature in Newcastle as it is in London.

Wor lass is a Londoner and she thinks the winters in Newcastle feel more pleasant than London. The reason for that perception is whenever she goes it is clear blue sky and a clean crisp air whereas London is always grey and miserable in her mind.

That's just London in general isn't it? :ph34r:

Anyway, as much as I'd love to see Ramsey back in the prem (though if he fancies a wage of a tenner a week and some sheep's testicles, he's always welcome back home), I have a feeling that injuries are taking its toll now. 

Seemed to struggle at Juve (potential biggest flop at Juve, considering the wages?) and at 31, I can't see that improving now. Happy to be proven wrong though.

6 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

I think the bit I’m talking about is when the weather starts to threaten a bit of sunshine in February/March and again before winter. I could never move up north permanently, I struggle with London as it is. I’m a hot weather person, sit me in a sticky 40 degree heat and I am fine. Make it a bit wet/dark/cloudy and I fucking hate the country lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Aaron Ramsey - Loan to Rangers

Great signing for them. I felt sure he would end up back in the Premier League but those wages must have scared a few off.

I wonder how Rangers are able to afford the wages? Can they pay that kind of money?

Or what deal Juve have agreed to just to get him off the books?

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Great signing for them. I felt sure he would end up back in the Premier League but those wages must have scared a few off.

I wonder how Rangers are able to afford the wages? Can they pay that kind of money?

Or what deal Juve have agreed to just to get him off the books?

Rangers are paying £2million for the loan, until the end of the season. They aren't paying his wages.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Lucas said:

13 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Rangers are paying £2million for the loan, until the end of the season. They aren't paying his wages.

Cheers, our laddie asked the same question as @Lucas now I can tell him. :ay:

Archived