talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Denmark 1-2 Belgium - Thursday 17th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am rooting for Denmark in this game, but I don't see how they can stop Lukaku, De Bruyne and the rest of the Belgium team. I think a draw would be a good result for the Danes. At least then they would have a relatively decent chance of defeating Russia in their final game in Copenhagen and then qualifying for the next round.

I'd like Denmark to do well because seeing what happened to Christian Eriksen was as shocking as... any of the other times any other player has collapsed on the pitch in similar situations... but maybe made all the more shocking purely because he's a high profile player that a lot of football fans like/respect.

However, I think Belgium are going to absolutely murder them.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd like Denmark to do well because seeing what happened to Christian Eriksen was as shocking as... any of the other times any other player has collapsed on the pitch in similar situations... but maybe made all the more shocking purely because he's a high profile player that a lot of football fans like/respect.

However, I think Belgium are going to absolutely murder them.

Denmark do have home advantage, but yeah, I think Belgium will likely win. Denmark will be defending for their lives for most of this game, with the hope of catching the Belgians out on the counter attack. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived