The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Denmark 1-2 Belgium - Thursday 17th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, montybhopa said:

They are not winning with this defence. Italy would rawdog this defence

They're not winning with Martinez as their manager, honestly.

Having this world class squad with him as the manager is so fucking bizarre to me, tbh. Dunno how he keeps falling upwards in his career xD

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Having this world class squad with him as the manager is so fucking bizarre to me, tbh. Dunno how he keeps falling upwards in his career xD

In fairness, considering the standards of international football coaching Martínez is at least average.

I´m by no means a Belgium football expert, but it seems that their  problem is that it seems that the new generation of players is not as good, so they don´t have much depth and the defence is a bit old. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Their defence is very weak. They got two 30 year olds and Boyata in there like can you imagine Boyata, hes not even Championship level player

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

From managing Wigan to managing stars like De Bruyne, Lukaku, Witsel and the Hazard brothers.

Just now, El Profesor said:

In fairness, considering the standards of international football coaching Martínez is at least average.

I´m by no means a Belgium football expert, but it seems that their  problem is that it seems that the new generation of players is not as good, so they don´t have much depth and the defence is a bit old. 

That's probably true, but I think usually when you've got an international side that's this good on paper... you usually see them managed by a better manager than someone like Roberto Martinez. The obvious exception to this rule would probably be the England national team xD

2 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Their defence is very weak. They got two 30 year olds and Boyata in there like can you imagine Boyata, hes not even Championship level player

Doesn't Boyata play in the Bundesliga now? I think he's probably better than championship level based on that alone.

9 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

It´s a shame that he didn´t join Conte before, at Chelsea. 

The only shame was KDB. 

Salah wouldn't of developed to the player he became under Mourinho/Conte. KDB showed signs early. 

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

It's more that the pace of international football and serie A suits him much more than the premier league. 

But Conte also made Lukaku do extra sessions to improve his build up play and made him change his diet.

He´s a better player now. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Doesn't Boyata play in the Bundesliga now? I think he's probably better than championship level based on that alone.

Playing in Bundesliga means nothing lmao. Its not like he's playing for RB, BVB or Bayern. You compare it to the defence of other 'favourites' its pure trash. The defence is on par with Sweden

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Really harsh if Denmark go out of this competition, based on the circumstances of their first loss. 

If they win in their last game against Russia(which is very possible), then they could still advance, couldn't they? I am not sure how the standings work in the group if teams are level on points. What is the 1st thing they look at, is it goal difference or is it the head to heads encounters between the teams in question?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived