talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Denmark 1-2 Belgium - Thursday 17th June, 2021

football forum

Just now, montybhopa said:

Playing in Bundesliga means nothing lmao. Its not like he's playing for RB, BVB or Bayern. You compare it to the defence of other 'favourites' its pure trash. The defence is on par with Sweden

Playing in the Bundesliga and not being at those clubs, means they play 6 matches against clubs like RB, BVB, and Bayern... as well as a lot of other clubs that have more quality than many championship sides. Our second tier is good, but it's not a higher standard than Germany's top flight imo.

I agree with you, their defense isn't as good as some of the other favourites. But on paper it's still a better side than many teams in the tournament. But football's not played on paper and I agree with @shut up - I think Denmark have played better. The difference has really been players like Lukaku and KDB having more quality than Denmark rather than the balance of play we've seen.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Playing in Bundesliga means nothing lmao. Its not like he's playing for RB, BVB or Bayern. You compare it to the defence of other 'favourites' its pure trash. The defence is on par with Sweden

Clearly you don't watch Bundesliga football, most Bundesliga sides have very good defences. To compare the Bundesliga to the Swedish league is just a bad joke.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Clearly you don't watch Bundesliga football, most Bundesliga sides have very good defences. To compare the Bundesliga to the Swedish league is just a bad joke.

I am not saying that Bundesliga defence is equal to Swedish league. I am talking about Belgium and Sweden the teams. Belgium got the skeleton of Vermaelen in this defence too, guy is not even a regular for his club in Japan and Boyata is not regular either. Sweden got Lindelof, Augustinsson, Danielson all of them are defensive rocks.

Don't Bayern dominate mostly because they sign the best players from so many Bundesliga sides? That means the league is producing a lot of good players. Look how many world cup winners have come from that league in the past xD it's clearly a stronger league than most.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Playing in the Bundesliga and not being at those clubs, means they play 6 matches against clubs like RB, BVB, and Bayern... as well as a lot of other clubs that have more quality than many championship sides. Our second tier is good, but it's not a higher standard than Germany's top flight imo.

I agree with you, their defense isn't as good as some of the other favourites. But on paper it's still a better side than many teams in the tournament. But football's not played on paper and I agree with @shut up - I think Denmark have played better. The difference has really been players like Lukaku and KDB having more quality than Denmark rather than the balance of play we've seen.

It maybe better than the minnows but its not better than the top teams in this tournament. They have the worst defence among the favourites.

Just now, montybhopa said:

I am not saying that Bundesliga defence is equal to Swedish league. I am talking about Belgium and Sweden the teams. Belgium got the skeleton of Vermaelen in this defence too, guy is not even a regular for his club in Japan and Boyata is not regular either. Sweden got Lindelof, Augustinsson, Danielson all of them are defensive rocks.

Ok, I see, well yeah, I'd definitely agree to that. Belgium's defence is their Achilles heel, the better sides are really going to cause them all types of problems when they attack that Belgium attack. The Swedes are solid at the back and they tend to defend very well collectively.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Don't Bayern dominate mostly because they sign the best players from so many Bundesliga sides? That means the league is producing a lot of good players. Look how many world cup winners have come from that league in the past xD it's clearly a stronger league than most.

Not only that, look at how many players the top English clubs have bought from Bundesliga clubs in recent years. The Bundesliga always produces great talent. 

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Have a look at the finalists and winners of both European competitions (UCL & Europa) past decade. Bundesliga is massively overrated. Bayern carry that league

They once had both finalists from that league in the last decade xD

Denmark actually looked a really good threat. Probably deserved something easily out of that.

They are one of the better sides from the fair to middling batch of sides, so hopefully they do Russia and can nick 2nd or 3rd and qualify.

Not being funny, but Finland and Russia are both gash sides. We don't want them going through and giving sides walkovers in the next round. 

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

Have a look at the finalists and winners of both European competitions (UCL & Europa) past decade. Bundesliga is massively overrated. Bayern carry that league

Broken record, clearly you don't even watch the Bundesliga. Looking at the finalists is such a myopic way of analysing how good the teams in a league have been. There are so many other factors involved. The likes of Dortmund and RB Leipzig have shown their quality in recent years and so have Frankfurt and other German clubs. If you actually watched the quality of some of the teams they had, you would realise that they have had/have some very good sides. The Bundesliga is probably not as strong as a whole as the EPL, but it is arguably better than most other leagues.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They once had both finalists from that league in the last decade xD

It almost nearly happened again the season before last, when Leipzig got knocked out at the semi-final stage.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Denmark actually looked a really good threat. Probably deserved something easily out of that.

They are one of the better sides from the fair to middling batch of sides, so hopefully they do Russia and can nick 2nd or 3rd and qualify.

Not being funny, but Finland and Russia are both gash sides. We don't want them going through and giving sides walkovers in the next round. 

They still have a chance of qualifying, despite losing their first two matches. If they can beat Russia in Copenhagen in their final match, then they have a chance of advancing from what I understand. Especially if Finland lose to the already qualified Belgium.

1 minute ago, shut up said:

Most overrated league in europe. Has produced zero Europa league finalists or winners in 15 years?? And only Bayern get to finals/win the UCL. La Liga and EPL have many winners/finalists of both european competitions. 

Broken record... zzzzzz

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

So has the Premier League and La Liga...

Bundesliga has got a poor record in both European competitions, bayern aside

Tbh most leagues have a poor record in European competitions aside from Spain and England. With a bit of Italy sprinkled in. And even then, it's usually a handful of clubs that have any sort of consistent success in Europe and a bunch of clubs competing against Eurpoean royalty. It's also a knockout tournament cup tournament with a group stage, so it's only one indicator of league quality... but with a huge amount of luck involved.

7 minutes ago, shut up said:

Most overrated league in europe. Has produced zero Europa league finalists or winners in 15 years?? And only Bayern get to finals/win the UCL. La Liga and EPL have many winners/finalists of both european competitions. 

You are also crap at maths, because Werder Bremen reached the UEFA/Europa League final in 2009. :4_joy:

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

They still have a chance of qualifying, despite losing their first two matches. If they can beat Russia in Copenhagen in their final match, then they have a chance of advancing from what I understand. Especially if Finland lose to the already qualified Belgium.

Belgium will probably rest a couple for that game but id fancy them to beat Finland. Hazard and KDB may need minutes anyway.

Denmark should beat Russia at home. So perhaps they end up taking 2nd anyway. Not sure how it works, whether its on goal difference or head to head record.

Just now, Lucas said:

Belgium will probably rest a couple for that game but id fancy them to beat Finland. Hazard and KDB may need minutes anyway.

Denmark should beat Russia at home. So perhaps they end up taking 2nd anyway. Not sure how it works, whether its on goal difference or head to head record.

Yeah, unfortunately Belgium will probably rest some of their players. They've done this before in major competitions after they've qualified after their first two games, so they will probably do it again. I do hope that they do beat Finland though, but only because I'd like to see Denmark advance. I just read that goal difference is what makes the difference if teams are level on points. Goal difference is the first thing they look at.

• Administrator

KDB loves a goal against Kasper 

That whole move was class. Lukaku's hold up play and composure has improved so much over the past couple of years. 

33 minutes ago, shut up said:

How on earth is it arguably the best league in the world xD

Bayern, BVB & Red Bull would be in the Top 4 of the Premier League most years.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived