• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Denmark 1-2 Belgium - Thursday 17th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, unfortunately Belgium will probably rest some of their players. They've done this before in major competitions after they've qualified after their first two games, so they will probably do it again. I do hope that they do beat Finland though, but only because I'd like to see Denmark advance. I just read that goal difference is what makes the difference if teams are level on points. Goal difference is the first thing they look at.

That's good news.

Well in that case, Denmark have 0pts with -2, Finland 3pts are level and Russia 3pts have -2.

If we assume Belgium see off Finland (touch wood,hopefully by a couple goals too), then any Danish win should be enough factoring in the goal difference.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That's good news.

Well in that case, Denmark have 0pts with -2, Finland 3pts are level and Russia 3pts have -2.

If we assume Belgium see off Finland (touch wood,hopefully by a couple goals too), then any Danish win should be enough factoring in the goal difference.

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking. But if Denmark finish third, there will be plenty of other teams in 3rd place who will be competing against them to qualify. What I read was that goal difference is the first thing they look at if teams are level on points, but the next thing they look at is the teams(the teams in question) head to heads. If Denmark and Finland finish level on points(and if we imagine they finish with the same goal difference), it will be likely that Denmark will have scored more goals, but I am not sure if this takes precedence over the head to head between the two teams. I don't think it does.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would hope Denmark can smash Russia while Belgium beat Finland. Think Denmark can qualify that way? 

If Denmark smash Russia and Belgium beat Finland, then yes, Denmark would finish second in the group and advance to the next round.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Just reading most of @shut up's post as hes seemingly been everywhere today I could see this implosion coming a mile off. I dont know if even he can truely believe half the shit he types out. Still curious to see what he said xD

Made a reference to Downs Syndrome thinking he's got absolute top banter. 

26 minutes ago, Machado said:

Is KDB the best player in the tournament? Think so. Different class.

24 minutes ago, Eco said:

Fixed, and yes, I believe so. :)

Just as long as his end of season form doesn’t return. One of the worst players in the CL final, even if his time was ended via injury he was truly dreadful. Belgium have no hope if he has a another game like that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived