talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group C) Ukraine 2-1 North Macedonia - Thursday 17th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Against North Macedonia, it seems that Ukraine will start with the same line-up as in their opening match, with the exception of Dynamo Kyiv winger Viktor Tsygankov starting instead of the injured Zubkov. Many fans will be happy to see the very talented Tsygankov start for Ukraine, as he is considered to be one of the best players in the Ukrainian league. At 23, he already has a lot of international experience, having been capped 26 times for his country and having scored 6 international goals. He has scored against Serbia(twice in 1 match), as well as against France and he netted the winning goal against Spain in a Nations League match in October 2020. As the golden boy of Ukrainian domestic football, he will want to impress in the must win match against North Macedonia.

I am confident that Ukraine will get the much needed win that they require against North Macedonia in Bucharest, Romania. Shevchenko will set his team out in an offensive formation, which should deliver the 3 precious points that Ukraine need.

14 hours ago, Michael said:

Against North Macedonia, it seems that Ukraine will start with the same line-up as in their opening match, with the exception of Dynamo Kyiv winger Viktor Tsygankov starting instead of the injured Zubkov. Many fans will be happy to see the very talented Tsygankov start for Ukraine, as he is considered to be one of the best players in the Ukrainian league. At 23, he already has a lot of international experience, having been capped 26 times for his country and having scored 6 international goals. He has scored against Serbia(twice in 1 match), as well as against France and he netted the winning goal against Spain in a Nations League match in October 2020. As the golden boy of Ukrainian domestic football, he will want to impress in the must win match against North Macedonia.

I am confident that Ukraine will get the much needed win that they require against North Macedonia in Bucharest, Romania. Shevchenko will set his team out in an offensive formation, which should deliver the 3 precious points that Ukraine need.

You've sold it to me, I'm going to stick a bet on Ukraine to beat North Macedonia now. 

32 minutes ago, Devil said:

You've sold it to me, I'm going to stick a bet on Ukraine to beat North Macedonia now. 

Hey, but if it backfires, don't start having a go at my arse xD ... I am very confident of a Ukraine win though. Both sides lost their first match and both sides are going to have to show some attacking boldness during this match. All in all Ukraine are the better side and I see them winning this match. They were very dangerous going forward against the Dutch on several occasions, it's their carelessness in the Ukrainian defence that I believe let them down in their opening game. However, North Macedonia are easier opposition and I am sure of a Ukraine win. 

I've just seen the Ukraine lineup and it's Shaparenko who will replace the injured Zubkov and not Tsygankov. Not a bad choice by Shevchenko as Shaparenko is a very creative young midfielder. Shaparenko is more of a play-maker, whereas Tsygankov plays his best football as a winger. They are both impressive players though, so it's all good. Thank god Marlos isn't starting, they really don't need him.  Another change that Shevchenko has made and just as I predicted would happen, is that Stepanenko starts in place of Sydorchuk in defensive midfield. Sydorchuk didn't have the best of games against the Dutch and Stepanenko is well known to be Ukraine's best ball winning midfielder, so it's a very positive change the way I see it. 

I am hoping that this is the game that Ukraine make a real statement and I am quite confident they will deliver a very good performance today. They certainly have the firepower to do so when they attack. I am expecting several goals from Ukraine today...Slava Ukraini!! :twothumbsup:

24 minutes ago, Michael said:

Hey, but if it backfires, don't start having a go at my arse xD ... I am very confident of a Ukraine win though. Both sides lost their first match and both sides are going to have to show some attacking boldness during this match. All in all Ukraine are the better side and I see them winning this match. They were very dangerous going forward against the Dutch on several occasions, it's their carelessness in the Ukrainian defence that I believe let them down in their opening game. However, North Macedonia are easier opposition and I am sure of a Ukraine win. 

I've just seen the Ukraine lineup and it's Shaparenko who will replace the injured Zubkov and not Tsygankov. Not a bad choice by Shevchenko as Shaparenko is a very creative young midfielder. Shaparenko is more of a play-maker, whereas Tsygankov plays his best football as a winger. They are both impressive players though, so it's all good. Thank god Marlos isn't starting, they really don't need him.  Another change that Shevchenko has made and just as I predicted would happen, is that Stepanenko starts in place of Sydorchuk in defensive midfield. Sydorchuk didn't have the best of games against the Dutch and Stepanenko is well known to be Ukraine's best ball winning midfielder, so it's a very positive change the way I see it. 

I am hoping that this is the game that Ukraine make a real statement and I am quite confident they will deliver a very good performance today. They certainly have the firepower to do so when they attack. I am expecting several goals from Ukraine today...Slava Ukraini!! :twothumbsup:

Think you might have me mixed up with @MUFC  he'd defo having a go are your arse!!!

I didn't end up taking the bet on in the end, the odds weren't good enough. I was tempted to go for a draw but I do think you will win so I won't be betting on this game now. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Think you might have me mixed up with @MUFC  he'd defo having a go are your arse!!!

I didn't end up taking the bet on in the end, the odds weren't good enough. I was tempted to go for a draw but I do think you will win so I won't be betting on this game now. 

That's fair enough. I am sure of a Ukraine win today though, very confident. There will be goals!!:91_thumbsup:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

When I saw the still picture first, I thought Alioski was eating a massive ice cream cone 😂

That's the Post-Match training session! 

Yaremchuk is really displaying his skills in this competition, he holds the ball up so well, he distributes the ball well also. There will surely be many suitors for him once the Euros are over.

4 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Lack of quality on the show again.

What lack of quality, only 20 mins played and the critics are out, lol. I think the game has been played at a decent standard so far.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

What lack of quality, only 20 mins played and the critics are out, lol. I think the game has been played at a decent standard so far.

I think there were plenty of chances which should have been scored for either teams

1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

I think there were plenty of chances which should have been scored for either teams

Yeah, missed chances happen in 99% of games. What chances are you referring to? For Ukraine, I'd say it's only that Yaremchuk chance that maybe he should have done better with, but that happens to most players. Even elite strikers don't score from every half decent chance that comes their way.

• The title was changed to (Group C) Ukraine 2-1 North Macedonia - Thursday 17th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived