• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Ramos Joins PSG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I saw this and was like :o 

Then realised they'd had a row over a new contract so then wasn't actually that surprised.

What a player he's been for them though. Iconic.

One of the few defenders who have reached legendary status due to his goal scoring vs his actual ability as a defender. 

I particularly would never class him with the Nesta's, Puyols, Terry's, Rio's etc, but what an astonishing career he's had compared to them. Trophies he played vital roles in. 

51 minutes ago, Cicero said:

One of the few defenders who have reached legendary status due to his goal scoring vs his actual ability as a defender. 

I particularly would never class him with the Nesta's, Puyols, Terry's, Rio's etc, but what an astonishing career he's had compared to them. Trophies he played vital roles in. 

Stop pluralising singular entities, or are you actually Jamie Redknapp?

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Stop pluralising singular entities, or are you actually Jamie Redknapp?

No. 

And No. 

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I never understood why people always say he isn't that great at defending. What exactly was he bad at?

Who said he was bad? 

To be honest for a year or two I think United should be all over this, the experience he could bring to the team would be immense. 

He's also in pretty good shape for a player his age and has clearly kept himself in top condition. Similar to the Silva thing at Chelsea the positives of having a leader at the back can be huge. 

Having said all that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did go to PSG, lovely City and the prospect of maybe three seasons in a league that will allow him to wind down his career. 

PSG's project doesn't make much sense. 

They let Thiago Silva go because they judged he was too old, then a year later give a 2-year contract to Ramos. 

I mean, I think it's a very good signing, Ramos offer leadership, experience and still is a very good defender, it's just that Leonardo's decisions at the helm of PSG are always baffling and lack a clear direction.

Just now, El Profesor said:

PSG's project doesn't make much sense. 

They let Thiago Silva go because they judged he was too old, then a year later give a 2-year contract to Ramos. 

I mean, I think it's a very good signing, Ramos offer leadership, experience and still is a very good defender, it's just that Leonardo's decisions at the helm of PSG are always baffling and lack a clear direction.

image.png.8c214bf7c399fa253d88dd266c4b180e.png

Ramos will bring in more money than Silva ever would. 

• Subscriber

All but confirmed to PSG? Can’t say I’m surprised he will do well in that league and be the valuable experience they need when they actually have a couple of tough games a season in the Champions League.

Ligue 1 is way more physical than La Liga. In that sense, it can be more a challenging league for a veteran defender. This is exactly why I thought Thiago Silva would probably thrive in England, for example.

But Ramos takes really good care of his body, dude is a beast and apart for the last season, he doesn´t have a long history of injuries, I expect him to do very well at PSG.

On 05/07/2021 at 13:56, Devil said:

Stick your money on PSG for the Champions league next season, a true warrior and a machine of a right wing back. 

Two problem areas sorted. 

Can’t see it. Bottle job club and bottle job manager. Now more recently, bottle job ST. 

Archived