talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group D) England 0-0 Scotland - Friday 18th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England slow and laboured, need to get rid of Rice or Phillips. Phillips useless in the advanced position.

Sterling and Kane both been poor, laboured dribbling and passing. Need Kane more than anyone to step up

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Either full back and Mount off at HT, for me. 

Mount has been poor for most of it but is the only midfielder who takes the ball and turns, Phillips just passed back to the defence/Rice

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Either full back and Mount off at HT, for me. 

Only player moving the ball quickly and direct. 

One of the holding midfielders need to come off. James just needs to be instructed to move it quicker. We see it at club level all the time but usually always improves in the second. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Only player moving the ball quickly and direct. 

One of the holding midfielders need to come off. James just needs to be instructed to move it quicker. We see it at club level all the time but usually always improves in the second. 

Bellingham for Mount. He’s been too slow with the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Take Rice off. Phillips is fine. 

Yeah I'd take Rice off over Phillips. Phillips I think we can count on to actually... do something in our midfield. Rice I've not been convinced with at all this tournament, even if he's looked much less shite this season for West Ham than he looked the year before.

Don’t get the Kane talk on here. He’s not been poor. We’ve played out wide and barely played through the middle so he’s seen little of the ball altogether. We need better balls into the box when we get behind their defence, Sterling and Foden have been poor in that regard. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived