talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group F) Portugal 2-4 Germany - Saturday 19th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time we lost a game in the Euros over 90 minutes was in 2008, against Germany precisely (2-3).

They seem to be the side we struggle the most against. Have no memory of ever beating them but that could finally change here. We have the players and the momentum but the circumstances are tough. They're at home and will be looking for a win after having lost the opener. Hard to imagine they'll be on 0 points after two fixtures. This is a draw or Germany win with both teams scoring I think.

On 17/06/2021 at 07:26, Machado said:

Last time we lost a game in the Euros over 90 minutes was in 2008, against Germany precisely (2-3).

They seem to be the side we struggle the most against. Have no memory of ever beating them but that could finally change here. We have the players and the momentum but the circumstances are tough. They're at home and will be looking for a win after having lost the opener. Hard to imagine they'll be on 0 points after two fixtures. This is a draw or Germany win with both teams scoring I think.

Portugal dismantled Germany in euro 2000 3:0

i can definitely see a similar score line tomorrow.  With Ronaldo netting at least 1

19 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Portugal dismantled Germany in euro 2000 3:0

i can definitely see a similar score line tomorrow.  With Ronaldo netting at least 1

I know, but was too young to remember.

Don't worry, Portugal never play to dismantle opponents, even when they're significantly weaker.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Went with two defensive midfielders against Hungary. Wouldn't be surprised if we played with 3 here.

This man would start two goalkeepers if he could.

Could play without a keeper and no need to fear Germany scoring

• The topic was unpinned

Archived