• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group F) Portugal 2-4 Germany - Saturday 19th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep. We've been linked with him so watching him with a bit more interest. Dominant on the left. Love his direct nature for crosses/shots. 

Yeah, I really like Gosens. A big part of those strong Atalanta seasons. 

He's got that explosion you need to be a successful full-back. 

I can definitely see him moving to a bigger team after the Euro. And it's well deserved. 

Our right side looks poor. Bernardo not having his best game despite being on the goal build up. Semedo having a mare. We're lucky Germany only scored two.

Need changes soon. I'd bring Renato for some midfield muscle.

Good first half that. Unlucky to conceed from that counter attack after dominating the first 15 minutes. Responded well though and should be up even higher. Hopefully we can keep it up and put a lid on it soon. 

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Our right side looks poor. Bernardo not having his best game despite being on the goal build up. Semedo having a mare. We're lucky Germany only scored two.

Need changes soon. I'd bring Renato for some midfield muscle.

Do you think Bruno and Bernardo can coexist against stronger competition? It feels a bit strange to start both if the strategy is to counter. 

3 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

After MD2, Its safe to say Italy are the favourites going into knockout stages, they brushed through ease against two sides which are no mugs by any means while other favourites are struggling 

Well it's not like Turkey and Switzerland are no mugs. Remember their matches versus Wales.

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well it's not like Turkey and Switzerland are no mugs. Remember their matches versus Wales.

Turkey are quite poor, arguably the weakest side in the competition. The Swiss haven't really clicked as a team so far. The jury is still out on them.

• Subscriber

Germany enjoying themselves now. Beautifully worked third goal. Portugal shouldn't be going down this meekly when you look at the players they have at their disposal. It was a great breakaway goal but they've more or less been dominated aside from that one moment.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived