• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Patson Daka Signs for Leicester

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, shut up said:

Why would we usually be in for strikers in the Austrian league. that's more something Crystal Palace or West ham do xD

As in the talent of the player, not the location they play... 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, shut up said:

Why would we usually be in for strikers in the Austrian league. that's more something Crystal Palace or West ham do xD

Where did you get Guendouzi, Martinelli and Tierney from?

Annoyingly good signings from Leicester so far. Daka is somebody we should have been all over. How old are we going to let our front three get before we start to seriously look at the future. All three are nearly 30, and both Firmino & Mane have started to regress a bit. Hopefully we pull stuff out the bag later in the window, but it’s a bit annoying seeing players pass us by. 

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Annoyingly good signings from Leicester so far. Daka is somebody we should have been all over. How old are we going to let our front three get before we start to seriously look at the future. All three are nearly 30, and both Firmino & Mane have started to regress a bit. Hopefully we pull stuff out the bag later in the window, but it’s a bit annoying seeing players pass us by. 

Liverpool have been better served letting these sorts of players go to teams a step or two below to see if they can cut it first. And this fella wouldn't be getting ahead of any of them or Jota next season. Yeah it will cost them more if they did sign him from Leicester in the future but it means a higher success rate rather than a Minamino situation.

You say they're nearly 30 like it's old. I'd expect Salah, maybe Mane to still be at a similar level in 3/4 years time given the way they look after themselves

• Subscriber

I'd be lying if I've seen loads of him play but I think the kind of teams after a player is usually a bit of a giveaway. I pinned Daka as a potential Vardy successor a while ago but during that time thought he'd become a bit out of reach and there'd be someone bigger coming in. The fact we might get him is not only a brilliant coup as I feel we've virtually signed one of the very few players who might be as good as Vardy, that would actually come here, but it really does signal that we're not going away any time soon.

Maybe it's premature to say this, it's not done yet, but Romano saying done deal is usually as good as.

On 18/06/2021 at 06:48, nudge said:

Think he would be better off if he stayed at Salzburg for one more season, at least. In terms of missed chances, he should be a great competition for Werner :ph34r:

Tbf if Iheanacho is any indication it’s that Rodgers and Leicester are willing to be patient to develop promising young players and can put up with them looking dogshit (because Iheanacho looked awful tbh) while they get time and don’t perform.

And then this season Iheanacho proved to be quite a handy player for them.

I think it’s a good move for them. He’s got a lot of potential, they’re pretty decent at nurturing young talent, and there’s always a chance he just clicks at Leicester and starts performing right away.

• Subscriber

He'll rotate with Vardy I think. Vardy's finally slowed down a bit. He still hit a respectable number but there were a lot of penalties involved, and he had a pretty bad second half of the season for the most part.

Daka coming in should allow us to rest Vardy without any worry, and I think it's quite plausible Vardy becomes the second choice of the two quite soon, if Daka's as good as many believe.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf if Iheanacho is any indication it’s that Rodgers and Leicester are willing to be patient to develop promising young players and can put up with them looking dogshit (because Iheanacho looked awful tbh) while they get time and don’t perform.

And then this season Iheanacho proved to be quite a handy player for them.

I think it’s a good move for them. He’s got a lot of potential, they’re pretty decent at nurturing young talent, and there’s always a chance he just clicks at Leicester and starts performing right away.

Will be interesting to see how he does, I'm personally not convinced, as it's quite a huge step up from the Austrian league. While he scored loads there last season, his finishing could be very  frustrating at times, and he will surely not be given as many scoring chances in England as he was in Austria while playing for by far the best team in the league. His performances in CL/EL were fairly disappointing too. Hope he does well though, he's a likable character. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Will be interesting to see how he does, I'm personally not convinced, as it's quite a huge step up from the Austrian league. While he scored loads there last season, his finishing could be very  frustrating at times, and he will surely not be given as many scoring chances in England as he was in Austria while playing for by far the best team in the league. His performances in CL/EL were fairly disappointing too. Hope he does well though, he's a likable character. 

I mean seeing Minamino with us really highlighted how big of a gap there is between our league and Salzberg. I know he had some good games at Southampton, but I don't think he was really very consistent.

I still think he's a good player, but I can see what you mean just from that example.

But I think Leicester will bed him in slowly and he might not be an immediate hit (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a season or two for him to click) and I think eventually he'll be a good player in the prem.

Archived