talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raphael Varane Signs for Man Utd

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing Ramos and Varane in the same transfer window is brutal for Real. 

Sure, Nacho and Militão played really well together last season, but Ramos and Varane are on a different level and now they don't really have much depth.

If Varane leaves, they have basically only Militão, Alaba and Nacho as options for the position.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Losing Ramos and Varane in the same transfer window is brutal for Real. 

Sure, Nacho and Militão played really well together last season, but Ramos and Varane are on a different level and now they don't really have much depth.

If Varane leaves, they have basically only Militão, Alaba and Nacho as options for the position.

Super bizzare. I dont understand the logic of letting Ramos walk and potentially selling Varane only to sign Alaba on astronomical wages. 1 step forwad 2 steps back. 

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Super bizzare. I dont understand the logic of letting Ramos walk and potentially selling Varane only to sign Alaba on astronomical wages. 1 step forwad 2 steps back. 

This is what broke teams do. This kind of stuff is very common in brazilian football. 

Clubs sign well-known players on free transfers to give fans the illusion that all is well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Deal done according to Romano. Two positions that were glaring weaknesses now sorted with elite players.

Are United contempt with Top 4 or does Ole seriously have to put in a title challenge/trophy now?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Deal done according to Romano. Two positions that were glaring weaknesses now sorted with elite players.

Are United contempt with Top 4 or does Ole seriously have to put in a title challenge/trophy now?

Definitely has to be the latter.

Signings like Varane and Sancho are huge statement/marquee signings to improve the squad. 

Anything other than a title challenge/at least one trophy is a disappointment.

Tell you what, United fans might hate the Glazers... but they definitely seem to at least care what the fans think more than FSG seem to. This spending spree to make United contenders is a good way of bribing fans back into not hating them as much.

Considering the context, pandemic market, last year of contract, 50 million euros is a solid deal for Madrid. 

They should use that money to reinforce their attack. Aside Benzema, Madrid doesn´t have any other reliable source of goals in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Still got more to come as well, Pogba will need replacing and Trippier is still on.

Why would they sign Trippier? I've seen him linked, but seems like he'd just be an expensive backup for Wan Bissaka?

10 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Why would they sign Trippier? I've seen him linked, but seems like he'd just be an expensive backup for Wan Bissaka?

Competition for the position.

I actually think he starts ahead of AWB myself, his limitations going forward break down so many of our attacks.

Trippier is a brilliant crosser of thr ball.

• The title was changed to Raphael Varane Signs for Man Utd
  • Administrator

Could be as big as Liverpool signing Van Dijk, or Man City signing Dias.

Heavily improves their defence. A massive presence with serious quality and experience to add to the defence.

Archived