(Group D) - Croatia 3-1 Scotland - Tuesday 22nd June, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

1920px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png         VS      Flag_of_Scotland.svg

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Venue - Hampden Park, Glasgow

JS139974864.jpg

image.png

Croatia need to win to be in with a chance of qualifying as a best 3rd-placed side.
Scotland have to win to overtake Croatia; a draw will not be good enough. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odds are very much against us but at least we're going into the last game with something to play for, and something to look forward to. 

A strong performance and a goal would be fine by me. Beyond that, what will be will be. 

• Subscriber

Good luck to Scotland. Been decent in general despite the lack of points and goals and Croatia have been as far from convincing as I can remember seeing them so far so a result here is far from impossible. You would expect Croatia to up their game but nothing is out of the question.

Needing Dyke to have the performance of his life. Would love Clarke to tell him from the start that he is going to be on for about an hour, and allow him to press the Croatian defence and deep midfield. Nisbet is probably the main striker I'd like on for the last 20/25 minutes, if Scotland are still in need of a goal.

Not sure who is coming in for Gilmour. McTominay moving up seems the obvious answer, but they miss his ability to play out from the back if moved up. McGinn can't be moved back, need his forward running ability and, more crucially for this match, his energy to harass Modric all match. Cannot afford to sit off of them.

Have a bad feeling Armstrong is going to be brought in, but he doesn't seem to perform when given a more structured role. Far more suited to a position further forward, working in from a wide position.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Quite enjoying people finding pictures of players and coaches standing near Gilmour and comments like “iS hE iSoLaTiNg ToO?”. It’s not at all bitter or petty. 

I don't even get the indignation. If you add Mount and Chilwell together you've got about as much quality as Gilmour, so it evens out pretty well, I think. 

7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I don't even get the indignation. If you add Mount and Chilwell together you've got about as much quality as Gilmour, so it evens out pretty well, I think. 

Budum tsk

:tumbleweed:

Scotland saying they've spoken to PHE and not identified any close contact with Gilmour, PHE saying Scotland haven't been in touch. What a shambles this is, what numbnut thought you could make 2 players from the opposite team isolate and not the entire Scottish camp who are in the same bubble? Madness.

Just getting overrun possession-wise. We're dangerous when we get it but overall the Croatians are picking where and how the game is played. 

We can't press it high often enough and give it away too cheaply at the back. 

The end result is they get extended spells of possession, and then they have players that can do that. They can score goals without making clear chances. 

Archived