talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group F) - Germany 2-2 Hungary - Wednesday 23rd June, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I don't know. I thought we played relatively well against France, just didn't manage to score. Played a very good game against Portugal. Today was very tough with Hungary really tightening up at the back, and then playing some really clever counter attacks + got lucky that we fucked up in defence. Of course people now focus on the negatives, exactly like they did against France. That's generally a German thing to always find something to moan about. The only player that looked quite off today was Sané to me. The rest looked quite enthusiastic and willing to turn this around. England will be a different challenge again, and I think anything could happen really. 

Definitely look better than in the last World Cup, I'll give you that xD But even then, I think that tactically, Germany doesn't really look good - way too susceptible to counter attacks, the positioning often looks off while defending (especially set pieces), and in general, there's lack of flexibility and creativity. And sure, I would argue that professional footballers want to win every match; something would be very wrong if they wouldn't, but I don't know, I don't see much enthusiasm or passion in this team. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Definitely look better than in the last World Cup, I'll give you that xD But even then, I think that tactically, Germany doesn't really look good - way too susceptible to counter attacks, the positioning often looks off while defending (especially set pieces), and in general, there's lack of flexibility and creativity. And sure, I would argue that professional footballers want to win every match; something would be very wrong if they wouldn't, but I don't know, I don't see much enthusiasm or passion in this team. 

So Löw is the problem indeed. If he had selected the best German right back Ridle Baku in the first place, we'd have Kimmich in the central midfield, and everything would be better to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Drop Hummels. Sule is so fucking superior. Hummels was gash here
Please, fucking please cut Kroos for Goretzka.

don’t you have hungarian heritage u fucken traitor, do i have to get laslo, zoltan, and the boys to schmack ur shit up?

1 minute ago, Eco said:

What happened to Gnabry and Sane? I thought both were poor tonight, and didn't even notice Gnabry until he was subbed off.

Löwe’s tactics are too smart too work. 

I like Gnabry, I never got the hype for Sane, so he never really surprises me when he does nothing of note

Hungary played very well, it has to be said. They leave this tournament with their heads held high, as they gave a very good account of themselves in the Group of Death, despite not winning any matches. The draws against France and Germany will be remembered in Hungary for years to come, as they performed very well in these matches.

6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I think I shat my pants about 9 times.

Credit to Hungary and take nothing away from that they honestly probably deserved better but fuck me where we toothless for 75 odd minutes. 

I gave up for Germany around the 75th minute. Just didn't seem to offer enough going forward to break down Hungary, and I kept thinking how much they were missing a player like Klose who just always seemed to score in matches like those.

Luckily I was wrong, but that was dire.

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

I don't know. I thought we played relatively well against France, just didn't manage to score. Played a very good game against Portugal. Today was very tough with Hungary really tightening up at the back, and then playing some really clever counter attacks + got lucky that we fucked up in defence. Of course people now focus on the negatives, exactly like they did against France. That's generally a German thing to always find something to moan about. The only player that looked quite off today was Sané to me. The rest looked quite enthusiastic and willing to turn this around. England will be a different challenge again, and I think anything could happen really. 

Perhaps it's just me, but wasn't impressed with Kroos neither. He played as catastrophic as Sané, I thought.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Perhaps it's just me, but wasn't impressed with Kroos neither. He played as catastrophic as Sané, I thought.

True. Too many safe passes instead of a through ball or something risky. That's why some people call him Querpass-Toni. :52_fearful: I really hope Goretzka plays next game. But we all know Löw. 

Archived