• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group F) - Germany 2-2 Hungary - Wednesday 23rd June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah Gulacsi has been excellent in the Bundesliga for RB Leipzig for years, he's also a key player for Hungary. He once played for Liverpool when he was much younger, but they let him go on the cheap years ago.

He made no appearances for us, but I think played for Hereford, Tranmere, and Hull in his time with us. He was pretty young, but he got reviews of being quite shakey by fans of those clubs. I remember when RB Salzburg, I thought "hmm... it's a bit weird they've gone for him but I hope he does well."

And he did do well and now he's a very good goalkeeper. Almost every time I've seen him play since leaving us, he's almost always impressed me.

I think young players have it pretty tough at big clubs - but especially goalkeepers. A lot of what makes a keeper good comes from having experience and it's hard to get that as a young player coming through at a very big club and your route to getting to be a starter that gets to show his quality can be difficult. I also think repeated loan moves, which often happen with young players, can be pretty tough when you're very young and in a new country.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Hope not. Hungary is a better proposition to play than any of the other 3.

Let's not tempt fate mate. 

As things stand I'm running with the goal will come for Germany in my head. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil said:

Let's not tempt fate mate. 

As things stand I'm running with the goal will come for Germany in my head. 

97th minute of Neuer's arse.

Just now, Stan said:

97th minute of Neuer's arse.

I'm hoping France get another and Germany don't fancy playing us, I'm sure they'd go through best 3rd place. 

They will score, they always do. 

• The title was changed to (Group F) - Germany 1-1 Hungary - Wednesday 23rd June, 2021
  • The title was changed to (Group F) - Germany 1-2 Hungary - Wednesday 23rd June, 2021
  • The title was changed to (Group F) - Germany 2-2 Hungary - Wednesday 23rd June, 2021

Archived