football forum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Batard said:

Definitely when youโ€™re old like me!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

haha I knew you'd go for the innuendo xDย 

Read it back after I posted and couldn't be arsed to change it.

Happy with my midfield, potential for plenty of points there. By the time I come to look at forwards all the ones worth looking at had gone so I tried to concentrate on getting as many decent defenders and midfielders as possible

1 minute ago, Batard said:

Knew the Premium strikers and mids would be gone, so pleased with the points the defence will make.ย 

I think a middling forward is better than a top tier dman in fantasy. Goals and assists are the hardest to get.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think a middling forward is better than a top tier dman in fantasy. Goals and assists are the hardest to get.

What are you defining as a 'middling forward'? Because the top five scoring defenders last season all scored higher than the sixth highest scoring forward. As did the top five scoring goalkeepers.

Midfield is where the points are to be made given plenty of players who play in a front three are classed as midfielders

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What are you defining as a 'middling forward'? Because the top five scoring defenders last season all scored higher than the sixth highest scoring forward. As did the top five scoring goalkeepers.

Midfield is where the points are to be made given plenty of players who play in a front three are classed as midfielders

And that is exactly why last year's draft, I picked Bruno and Son and they were absolute mainstays in my winning team.

I was hoping I'd be up the pecking order this time but by the time it got to me, your Kane's, Salah's, Bruno's, KDB's, Mane's and Son's had long gone.

I went Trent as my 'big player' purely as he can explode points wise at both ends.

I've got a great keeper in Ederson, and defence is solid. Jusy an iffy midfield and forward line but we'll see what happens.

Going to be very hard to defend my title this time but its a long season and there's plenty of swings and roundabouts.

ย 

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Not really my point. It's harder to fill out the three forward spots than it is to fill out the five defensive spots. 26 forwards averaged over 3.0 ppg and well over 50 defenders did the same, ergo the points accrued by forwards are harder to come by, making them more valuable in a draft. Goalies feel like a gamble regardless. Things like clean sheets are shared, goals and assists are not.

• Administrator

It doesn't help that forwards are at a premium. After the first 5 or 6 had gone it was slim pickings.ย 

I always try and get a decent spine to my teams, and getting a few decent players in midfield (where the points are at these days).ย 

Mendy, Van Dijk, Mahrez, Jota, Tielemans and Iheanacho/Daka.

I lost out on a top class forward though but with Vardy probably not playing every game, Iheanacho or Daka's time will come. Saint-Maximin will surely bag a few points too across the season if he stays injury-free.

I wish I could have got a couple of Leeds players along the way. I missed out on Dallas as thought he had gone. I think it got to round 8 or 9 before he was eventually picked up!

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

It doesn't help that forwards are at a premium. After the first 5 or 6 had gone it was slim pickings.ย 

I always try and get a decent spine to my teams, and getting a few decent players in midfield (where the points are at these days).ย 

Mendy, Van Dijk, Mahrez, Jota, Tielemans and Iheanacho/Daka.

I lost out on a top class forward though but with Vardy probably not playing every game, Iheanacho or Daka's time will come. Saint-Maximin will surely bag a few points too across the season if he stays injury-free.

I wish I could have got a couple of Leeds players along the way. I missed out on Dallas as thought he had gone. I think it got to round 8 or 9 before he was eventually picked up!

That's exactly my point. There are a lot more worthwhile defenders than there are forwards. My very last pick was a defender that still averaged over 3.0ppg. If I could figure out how to check the draft order, I'd compare it to the last forward picked.

Also this interface is truly dreadful, years behind the other fantasy platforms like Yahoo. The PL needs to up their game! I can't even check other's teams and formations without having to go through the draft room.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

That's exactly my point. There are a lot more worthwhile defenders than there are forwards. My very last pick was a defender that still averaged over 3.0ppg. If I could figure out how to check the draft order, I'd compare it to the last forward picked.

Also this interface is truly dreadful, years behind the other fantasy platforms like Yahoo. The PL needs to up their game! I can't even check other's teams and formations without having to go through the draft room.

You will be able to after GW1 finishes. I'm not sure why we're unable to before then.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived