talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Italy (aet)2-1 Austria - Saturday 26th June, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber

Would have probably made sense to start with Kalajdzic upfront, and then bring Arnautovic for the last 30 minutes or so. He is clearly not fully fit after recovering from that thigh injury and also overmotivated. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Imo Italy is clearly the better side. 

What's the name of that big austrian striker? I think Foda should use him in the 2nd half. His height would give the italian defenders some headaches.

Well on the balance of play, it's been pretty equal, so I am not sure how you came to that conclusion. Italy have had the two best chances so far, but the general play has been quite level. Austria have to improve their passing in the final third, if they get that right, they could very well sore, because they've had a lot of possession themselves. The second half should be interesting, as I expect things to open up more.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'd take Arnautovic off in half time. Looking to get sent off at some point. 

Arguably lucky to stay on the pitch. It looked like a sly elbow in to the Italy player right at the end. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Arguably lucky to stay on the pitch. It looked like a sly elbow in to the Italy player right at the end. 

Definitely more yellow worthy than the one he got booked for just after the kickoff... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

His temperament is what lets him down at times. Talent wise, he is an excellent player, but he has always had to work on his attitude and temper. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Would have probably made sense to start with Kalajdzic upfront, and then bring Arnautovic for the last 30 minutes or so. He is clearly not fully fit after recovering from that thigh injury and also overmotivated. 

Arnautovic has impressed with his dribbling skills tonight, but his final ball has left a lot to be desired.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

How's that gone Austria's way?! And Acerbi booked?! 

Strange decision for sure.

Luckily Austria didn't score, otherwise would have been seriously suspicious.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, I meant him. I don't think Acerbi was booked... 

Yeah Taylor showed him a yellow just before Barella's

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

He was out injured for most of the season, you can't expect miracles from him. xD

I don't expect miracles, just a decent pass, for once xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived