The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Netherlands 0-2 Czech Republic - Sunday 27th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil said:

How he didn't give that red straight away is a joke. 

I'm guessing he thought there may have been other defenders closer or he might not have seen the deliberate nature of it straight away. 

It's a good example of VAR working well in my opinion. Ref initial decision based on his point of view. Asked to check it himself. Gets a better angle. Ends up in the correct decision. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I like that Russian ref btw. Seen him plenty of times in Europa League, Champions League and now at the Euros, and he was always quality. 

To be fair he looks like someone you don't wanna fuck about with anyway xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing he thought there may have been other defenders closer or he might not have seen the deliberate nature of it straight away. 

It's a good example of VAR working well in my opinion. Ref initial decision based on his point of view. Asked to check it himself. Gets a better angle. Ends up in the correct decision. 

Actually I wrote that before seeing another angle and I actually think you could see there was cover coming across that made it a difficult decision. 

Either way for me that's a blatant red card, if you handle on the line it's usually red. 

Saying that if a player saved the ball with his hand in the last ten minutes would he get sent off or would he stay on with the double jeapordy rule? 

• Administrator

Feel like Czech Republic need to score in the next few minutes while they have the momentum and psychological edge. Otherwise Netherlands have time to get their shape and tactical changes in place and settle down a bit. 

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Does the winner of this play Denmark?

Does make you think if the Czechs took the foot of the peddle against England knowing they'd get this route to the Semi's. 

They knew they'd get through anyway, makes this third place business a farce doesn't it. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil said:

Actually I wrote that before seeing another angle and I actually think you could see there was cover coming across that made it a difficult decision. 

Either way for me that's a blatant red card, if you handle on the line it's usually red. 

Saying that if a player saved the ball with his hand in the last ten minutes would he get sent off or would he stay on with the double jeapordy rule? 

It's deliberate handball and denying a goalscoring opportunity still so I think he would get sent off. The double (triple?) jeopardy only comes in to play when there's a foul where a defender tries to genuinely tackle for the ball. But if he just pulled his shirt back then he would still get sent off. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Feel like Czech Republic need to score in the next few minutes while they have the momentum and psychological edge. Otherwise Netherlands have time to get their shape and tactical changes in place and settle down a bit. 

Stan knows. 

14 minutes ago, Devil said:

Dutch gonna go out here, I knew this was the potential shock of the round. 

Dutch have it all to do now. 

Is it really a shock? They aren’t that good

• The topic was unpinned

Archived