talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Netherlands 0-2 Czech Republic - Sunday 27th June, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber

Netherlands heads totally gone since the red card, and to be fair to the Czechs, they were holding their own already. Big moment for them. Also massive for this side of the draw if they hold on, a Czech-Denmark quarter final with the winner to play the winner of the Sweden/Ukraine/England/Germany part of the draw.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Inverted said:

They have a feeling of Greece 2004.

They never look that good but they're very hard to break down and they constantly find a goal from a set piece or a moment of magic when they need it. 

Always been technically fantastic but had a really bad ten years haven't they. 

Certainly well organised, you wouldn't say they have a real world class player in their team either, just very good players. 

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

We think the stars are aligning for us but they could very well be aligning for Denmark.

Bloody UEFA and their bandwagon :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is it really a shock? They aren’t that good

Based on their group performances I'd say yes but given their form over the last 8 years it's not I suppose. 

Just now, Michael said:

Wijnaldum, Dumfries, de Jong, Weghorst, Malen, Depay, de Vrij, de Ligt etc.. yeah, they are crap...xD

Outside of de Jong and de Vrij I think those players are very overrated or not ready. So yeah, you’ve done nothing much to change my mind on that. 

Just now, Spike said:

Outside of de Jong and de Vrij I think those players are very overrated or not ready. So yeah, you’ve done nothing much to change my mind on that. 

That's your opinion, you are entitled to it, I strongly disagree.

I wonder if not playing in Amsterdam has affected Holland?

They had three group games at home which makes you feel like its a home tournament at the time, and the squad is comfortable. 

Then you are suddenly going to Budapest for a knockout game where the Czech fans are in their droves and they have lost the previous advantage they had.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived