talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Netherlands 0-2 Czech Republic - Sunday 27th June, 2021

football forum

Just now, Michael said:

Yes and what exactly is the relevance of that? Even Diego Maradona got sent off several times during his career. xD

Maradona backed it up by being the greatest ever, don’t think de Ligt has done that so far. Plenty of teams win with a man down, why can’t the Netherlands do it if they are as good as you say? Mind you I didn’t even say that they were a bad team, just not as good you’d think.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Maradona backed it up by being the greatest ever, don’t think de Ligt has done that so far. Plenty of teams win with a man down, why can’t the Netherlands do it if they are as good as you say? Mind you I didn’t even say that they were a bad team, just not as good you’d think.

Bit harsh on the Czechs to ignore their impact on today's game. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

de Ligt is not the greatest ever, but you should have gotten the point. He's one of the best defenders in the world. Being a man down is an obvious disadvantage, especially when you are playing a very organised and competent team like the Czechs. It would be a hard task for all the remaining teams left in this tournament.

Just now, Stan said:

Bit harsh on the Czechs to ignore their impact on today's game. 

Not really my point. I'm not the one saying how good the Dutch are despite being outplayed before and after the red card. The Czech were always better today, they are underrated while the Dutch are overrated.

Just now, Michael said:

de Ligt is not the greatest ever, but you should have gotten the point. He's one of the best defenders in the world. Being a man down is an obvious disadvantage, especially when you are playing a very organised and competent team like the Czechs. It would be a hard task for all the remaining teams left in this tournament.

de Ligt might be one of the best defenders in the world one day but not right now, if you recall I said the players you listed were overrated or not ready. He isn't ready, he had a bad season with Juventus and had a bad Euros, is it his fault? Maybe not but he'll be better in the future.

1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

Czech would have easily scored a few more if they wanted

I mean, they tried and didn’t. 

Poor game management from DeBoer, surely he doesn’t stay in the job after this is over. Well done to the Czech though, they actually controlled the game perfectly. Still, I’m hoping Denmark get by them next round. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not really my point. I'm not the one saying how good the Dutch are despite being outplayed before and after the red card. The Czech were always better today, they are underrated while the Dutch are overrated.

They were not outplayed by the Czechs before the red card, that's just you exaggerating to win your point. Even with being a man down for most of the 2nd half, the Dutch have had most of the possession in this match at full time, that should be some indicator as to how they controlled much of he game. The sending off was a clear turning point.

Just now, Michael said:

They were not outplayed by the Czechs before the red card, that's just you exaggerating to win your point. Even with being a man down for most of the 2nd half, the Dutch have had most of the possession in this match at full time, that should be some indicator as to how they controlled much of he game. The sending off was a clear turning point.

Controlling the game? They had 51-49 possession and weren't getting good shots. That isnt' control

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

De Boer has to be instantly sacked after that  disgraceful performance .  

Hard to understand why KNVB thought De Boer was a good option to replace Koeman. Dude failed big time at Inter, Crystal Palace and Atlanta.

Great player, but bad coach. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Controlling the game? They had 51-49 possession and weren't getting good shots. That isnt' control

52% - 48% possession to the Dutch, does tell us something when you factor in the fact they played most of the 2nd half a man down.

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Hard to understand why KNVB thought De Boer was a good option to replace Koeman. Dude failed big time at Inter, Crystal Palace and Atlanta.

Great player, but bad coach. 

A classic example of somebody falling upwards.

Just now, Michael said:

52% - 48% possession to the Dutch, does tell us something when you factor in the fact they played most of the 2nd half a man down.

And they did nothing with the possession.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived