• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Croatia 3-5 (aet) Spain - Monday 28th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

How do you know? Pedri and Fati are still 18 and are doing things that you'd expect from players quite a bit older than them would be doing.

You can't predict what happens in the future as players can soon fall off, or injuries can destroy them, but the potential to be stars is definitely there.

Even alot of football fans didn't know who Messi or Iniesta were when I used to rave about the talent they had in 2006. 

Not saying the above will be that good of course as they and C.Ronaldo don't come around often, but they can certainly be generation-type players.

But nobody said they'd be Pele or Maradona either way, just that the future of the sport has alot of talent.

I'm talking about fame not ability, very few players reach that level of fame. M'Bappe hasn't, but is the closest. Iniesta is nowhere near that level of famous, he has nothing on the actual superstars.

• The title was changed to (Round of 16) - Croatia 3-5 Spain - Monday 28th June, 2021
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Of all the days to choose to play football on a day I don't usually. Missed all the goals xD 

It has to be said, it's been the most entertaining match of the Round of 16, we've had almost everything. You have to feel sorry for the Croats, but props to Spain for showing their quality going forward.

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm talking about fame not ability, very few players reach that level of fame. M'Bappe hasn't, but is the closest. Iniesta is nowhere near that level of famous, he has nothing on the actual superstars.

I'm not arsed who non-football fans know and don't know. David Beckham's one of the most famous players ever in this regard. He's not more legendary among football fans than George Best or Johan Cruijff though.

34 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

How do you know? Pedri and Fati are still 18 and are doing things that you'd expect from players quite a bit older than them would be doing.

You can't predict what happens in the future as players can soon fall off, or injuries can destroy them, but the potential to be stars is definitely there.

Even alot of football fans didn't know who Messi or Iniesta were when I used to rave about the talent they had in 2006. 

Not saying the above will be that good of course as they and C.Ronaldo don't come around often, but they can certainly be generation-type players.

But nobody said they'd be Pele or Maradona either way, just that the future of the sport has alot of talent.

I do think that we have a deeper problem in football at the present. 

The sport is becoming increasingly mechanical, with coaches controlling  players' movements from a very young age and diminishing the role of improvisation and talent. 

This is not an environment where talent thrives. Football has become a coaches' game.

• The title was changed to (Round of 16) - Croatia 3-5 (aet) Spain - Monday 28th June, 2021
Just now, El Profesor said:

I do think that we have a deeper problem in football at the present. 

The sport is becoming increasingly mechanical, with coaches controlling the player movements from a very young age and diminishing the role of improvisation and talent. 

This is not an environment where talent thrives. Football has become a coaches' game.

That's a very good point Ricardo and I agree 100%.

The game has changed significantly in this regard. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived