talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - France 3-3(p) Switzerland - Monday 28th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The French should have too much against their neighbours. Pogba seems to have been revitalised and his passing has been sublime at times during this tournament. I think the French will win the battle in midfield. Shaqiri for all his attacking abilities, is not the hardest workers on the pitch. I expect Pogba and Kante to control or maybe even boss the midfield and the likes of Mbappe might be too much for the Swiss defence, even though Switzerland have some very good defenders. The French look strong in all positions, they should win this match and potentially go on to win the whole competition.

I can't say the French have wow'd me so far. You expect so much more with their squad.

That said, I did see signs against Portugal that they are starting to crank it up. It does feel like they have held back the gears a little for the business end of the tournament so I'd judge them from this point onwards.

I expect a straight forward win with minimal scares here. The Swiss will be too scared what the French can do and will become a little too defensive for my liking.

As long as they remain in the tournament, France still the team to beat for me despite everyone revelling in how good the Italians have looked.

Rumours are France are going to play a back 5 with Lucas Hernandez and Pavard as WBs. 

If the world champions play 5 centre backs against Switzerland I will have no option but to wish France crash and burn in every tournament for the res tof my life. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Rumours are France are going to play a back 5 with Lucas Hernandez and Pavard as WBs. 

If the world champions play 5 centre backs against Switzerland I will have no option but to wish France crash and burn in every tournament for the res tof my life. 

Surely not?

Deschamps has Southgate-itis. 

France are in the nice situation of knowing that if they play anywhere near their best they will win. But getting to your best if often the hard part. Still think france should win though 

On 27/06/2021 at 13:19, Lucas said:

I can't say the French have wow'd me so far. You expect so much more with their squad.

That said, I did see signs against Portugal that they are starting to crank it up. It does feel like they have held back the gears a little for the business end of the tournament so I'd judge them from this point onwards.

I expect a straight forward win with minimal scares here. The Swiss will be too scared what the French can do and will become a little too defensive for my liking.

As long as they remain in the tournament, France still the team to beat for me despite everyone revelling in how good the Italians have looked.

Yeah, I don't think they were necessarily in 1st gear in all of their group matches. I think we should see the best of them today, as it is do or die time. France have been forced to revert to a back 3, so they will have do adapt. But honestly, I think France's midfield of Kante and Pogba will give Xhaka and Freuler all sorts of problems today. Mbappe is due a goal and this is a great match to break his duck. Switzerland start with Zuber, who has been one of their best players, but I just think that France's firepower and intensity will be too much for the Swiss. France should win this one, I don't see a shock result here, despite the Swiss having some very good players.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Absolutely terrible defending by Lenglet for that goal, what was he doing? Great header from Seferovic nonetheless. 

He's horrific. No word of a lie he caused maybe nearly half of the total goals Barca conceded last season. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's horrific. No word of a lie he caused maybe nearly half of the total goals Barca conceded last season. 

He pretty much single handedly ruined what could have actually been a good season and a potential domestic double.

He's utterly terrible.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Haven't seen much of him, he looks so physically underwhelming for a CB and looks easy to get at. 

• Administrator

France doing my head in. So much quality going forward but it's restricted by a coach that has no clue on how to get the best out of them. Annoyingly so. 

The French are not looking convincing here. Maybe playing 3 at the back is not benefitting them here.

Seferovic's goal separates the sides and it was Zuber once again with the assist. Zuber has assisted 4 of Switzerland's 5 goals at these Euros, that's impressive from him.

• The title was changed to (Round of 16) - France 3-3(p) Switzerland - Monday 28th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived