talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - France 3-3(p) Switzerland - Monday 28th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Switzerland deserved to win. France had half hour where they were brilliant but they're attitude was bad. Switzerland deserved to win on attitude alone but they probably were the better team. 

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Never rated Deschamps as a manager.  Always felt that with the incredible talent France has the should win more often and more convincingly.  Deschamps to me is France's weakest link.

To be fair, France never played very attacking or adventurous  apart from the time between 1982 and 1986. Their cautious approach irrespective of the available talent is a French tradition and can't be blamed on Deschamps as such.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, France never played very attacking or adventurous  apart from the time between 1982 and 1986. Their cautious approach irrespective of the available talent is a French tradition and can't be blamed on Deschamps as such.

The same was also said about Italy, but Mancini has shown that if you have the balls to try and change it, you can have success. 

Italy battered this Swiss team and also battered the Czechs who have proven so difficult. 

• The title was changed to (Round of 16) - France 3-3(p) Switzerland - Monday 28th June, 2021
  • Administrator

Both World and European champions knocked out. 

Happy for Switzerland. Like for Czech Republic, I didn't give them a chance and I'm pleasantly surprised they've proved me wrong. Opens the tournament up even wider now with shocks like this.

And the tournament seems to have properly come to life. You get the feeling that if teams like Switzerland, Czech Republic and Denmark got to the final, they wouldn't just sit back and try and soak up pressure and shithouse a 1-0. They'd properly give it a go and make an entertaining game out of it. It's almost refreshing seeing results like this one. Pure entertainment from start to finish. Class goals along the way. Everyone loves an underdog :D 

8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

The same was also said about Italy, but Mancini has shown that if you have the balls to try and change it, you can have success. 

Italy battered this Swiss team and also battered the Czechs who have proven so difficult. 

When did Italy batter the Czech republic? Spain won 6-0 versus Germany not too long ago, doubt this result would be replicated during this Euros. Also Italy didn't cover themselves in glory versus Austria, so not everything is shiny there.

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

When did Italy batter the Czech republic? Spain won 6-9 versus Germany not too long ago, doubt this result would be replicated during this Euros. Also Italy didn't cover themselves in glory versus Austria, so not everything is shiny there.

He's referring to a meaningless friendly. The Euros have more meaning than the Nations Cup and certainly more meaning than friendly matches. Winning this competition won't be easy for any of the sides that are left. There are no easy games remaining in this competition in my opinion.

Just now, Michael said:

There are no easy games left.

Tbh for the players, this should have been the mentality once they'd all qualified.

But it's certainly more true now that they're no longer in the group stages.

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I've said it a dozen times. Mbappe ain't all that. He's had a shite tournament, wrapped up in knocking his own lads out. Another pacey idiot with no real head on his shoulders and little composure. 

I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion in agreement before. You could play benny hill music over a montage of his greatest misses.

28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm still in absolute shock.

France got arrogant and eased off the gas. Serves them right.

Cannot wait for England to fuck it now. It's textbook isn't it. So obvious...

Half expect us to beat the Germans and lose in the quarter or semi final.

28 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Half expect us to beat the Germans and lose in the quarter or semi final.

It'd be the most English thing to win 3-1 against Germany and then lose the next game 5-0

• The topic was unpinned

Archived