talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 Matchday

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

It's the Nice fans this time.

They were throwing bottles at Payet, who lost it and threw it back. Then, the fans invaded. 

Players were also involved in brawls. 

Ligue 1 has to put an end to it. In Brazil, it was common to see such scenes. But in the early 2000s, teams were heavily punished, any time objects were thrown by fans, teams lost the right to host matches with fans. Now, it is very rare to see fans throwing objects on the pitch.

They should definitely do that. This happens far too often in France, as I said in this thread two weeks ago.

I'm wondering if the injured fan was hurt by Payet throwing the bottle back or just hurt in the stampede. If it's the former, Payet could be facing a very long suspension. Either way, that was such a stupid thing for Payet to do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I agree - I expect authorities to come down hard on them and make an example of them, but my expectations of what will happen and reality of it are probably vastly different!

Just switched over and heard Mandanda had bottles thrown at him right from the start anyway. 

That's common in France. 

Marseille fans always throw objects at PSG fans and the league does nothing, for example. Something like that was bound to happen, considering the neglect of authorities. 

IMO Nice should lose this match and play at least 5 home matches without fans on the stadium.

• Administrator
Just now, ...Dan said:

They should definitely do that. This happens far too often in France, as I said in this thread two weeks ago.

I'm wondering if the injured fan was hurt by Payet throwing the bottle back or just hurt in the stampede. If it's the former, Payet could be facing a very long suspension. Either way, that was such a stupid thing for Payet to do.

I can see him retiring in a strop if I'm honest, he's not happy and hasn't been for a while. 

• Administrator
Just now, El Profesor said:

In fairness to Payet, I don't think professional players should put up with that kind of behavior from fans.

I think there'll be a lot of comments about him 'causing' the fight and him to blame for it. While I don't condone his behaviour, it's the fans who caused it by throwing all the stuff at the players from the start of the match anyway.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dan said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have more of an eye on Marseille's games as a result of this. That's two mad incidents in three games already.

And a load of goals in the first two games as well.

Always liked Marseille since Lyon were dominating the league and I wanted them to end Lyon's run. Was hoping they'd get things together this season and try and  somehow challenge PSG.

Unless you have perfect aim and can throw the bottle back at the person who threw it at you, you can't throw a bottle into a crowd of people. The chances are that he hit an innocent person. Imagine taking your kid to a match and a player throws a bottle at his face. Of course, I understand that Payet was angry, the people throwing things are cunts, but he can't do that.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Disgusting comment by Tommeh as usual. If this was England, he’d have set up a petition to get the league cancelled by now :ph34r:

If that was England, they'd all be too fat to jump over that advertisement board. 

• The title was changed to Ligue 1 Matchday