talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 Matchday

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DarrenTse said:

PSG has led Ligue 1 with 24 points after nine rounds this season, up to 6 points ahead of Lens in the second. But they lost 2-0 away to Rennes in the last round of League, ushering in the first defeat of Paris season. Messi, Neymar, Mbappé and Di María put on a strong offense formation, but the team's back line was unstable and lost in the end. However, the start of the previous eight consecutive wins has given the team a great boost.

Anything about Metz?

• 1 month later...

Payet hit with a bottle again. A full bottle to the head. Match has been stopped and the players have gone back to the dressing rooms. Fucking ridiculous. Something needs to be done. We're all looking forward to a great match, we love to watch this beautiful sport, but these cunts have to go and ruin it.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Payet hit with a bottle again. A full bottle to the head. Match has been stopped and the players have gone back to the dressing rooms. Fucking ridiculous. Something needs to be done. We're all looking forward to a great match, we love to watch this beautiful sport, but these cunts have to go and ruin it.

Saddening indeed. Authorities need to come down hard or get better protection for players. It starts with a bottle...

If it's not stopped now or something done now, who knows what ends up injuring a player next...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I really do wonder if the people who lick Mbappes cunt daily watch Ligue 1 at all? One of the worst misses I've ever seen again this week against Nantes, after his midweek hattrick of woeful finishes against Real. 

Occasionally but other leagues get my preference. 

He does have a shocker in him sometimes but he's not some dogshit Sunday league striker hungover after 20 pints the night before you make him out to be.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Occasionally but other leagues get my preference. 

He does have a shocker in him sometimes but he's not some dogshit Sunday league striker hungover after 20 pints the night before you make him out to be.

He has multiple shockers in him per game. I stand by my belief that were it not for his monstrous pace, the best club he'd be at is Dortmund or Arsenal. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He has multiple shockers in him per game. I stand by my belief that were it not for his monstrous pace, the best club he'd be at is Dortmund or Arsenal. 

He's quite clearly more than just pace though. 

90 in 103 for PSG. Could argue it being French league is easier to score. Fair and I won't argue that because the quality isn't the best. But that's still pretty damn good to score at that rate. 

24 in 53 for France is respectable too  though and turned up in the WC final.

Even just looking at his goal from Tuesday - that was skill more than pace. Not gonna debate the fact he could have scored more, but ultimately he turned up in the right moment and eventually put one away. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

He's quite clearly more than just pace though. 

90 in 103 for PSG. Could argue it being French league is easier to score. Fair and I won't argue that because the quality isn't the best. But that's still pretty damn good to score at that rate. 

24 in 53 for France is respectable too  though and turned up in the WC final.

Even just looking at his goal from Tuesday - that was skill more than pace. Not gonna debate the fact he could have scored more, but ultimately he turned up in the right moment and eventually put one away. 

My argument isn't that he's 'just pace' though. My argument of 'he'd play for Dortmund or Arsenal if he weren't so fast' is one that respects he has dribbling and short passing abilities. You don't play for clubs like those if you're dogshit ( okay, 50/50 at Arsenal). I just don't think he's anything approaching world class. His eye catching flair and pace make him marketable, and thus he's overrated. Vastly. I think he's closer to prime Aubameyang than he is to Ronaldo or Henry.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Ligue 1 Matchday
  • 1 month later...
On 29/10/2022 at 17:51, Stan said:

That was ridiculous skill by Neymar. 

It's pretty clear Messi and himself are currently the best 2 footballers in Europe right now. By a distance too. The French league obviously isn't the greatest, but then they are also playing in a team who don't have an identity or style of play, meaning they are practically doing everything. It'd be interesting to see what the 2 would be like under Pep Guardiola, playing with Cancelo, de Bruyne, Haaland, etc, and in a team that win 5-0 more than anyone else. 

There's been alot of quality around like Haaland, Lewandowski, de Bruyne, Valverde, even Mbappe himself, but none of them are playing on the allround level that Messi and Neymar are currently playing on, for both club and country, especially Messi, who has been a bit more consistent.

Barcelona wouldn't be in the Europa now if they still had those 2, or even one of them. Funnily enough Messi, Lewandowski and Neymar would be the oldest front 3 in Europe, but still the most deadly. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...