talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021

football forum

Bukayo Saka expected to start England's #EURO2020 last-16 tie v Germany. 19yo shone in final group game & likely to join Sterling behind Kane. Mount, Grealish + Foden look set to be on bench with #ENG anticipated to go 3-4-3 @TheAthleticUK #GER ...

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

He goes through, he keeps the job. They lose and he’ll inevitably lose his job. 

I'm sensing a rift or divide amongst the players with Southgate. Only an inevitability at this rate. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

He 100% gets binned if we get pumped here or we go through and lose to Sweden/Ukraine. 

I'd bin him in those circumstances but the FA seem to wax lyrical about how great this sucession story has been from the U21s to National Team Manager.

Hopefully having a world class manager like Patrick Vieira available for a couple more days will stay their thinking :ph34r:.

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Low's seen sense and started Goretzka in place of Gundogan. That German side looks so much stronger now, from where I'm sitting. Henderson doesn't start for England, so he can't be fully fit. I wish Southgate well, but looking at the line-ups, I am objectively starting to fancy the Germans. :S

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Southgate undoubtedly getting the sack after tonight. Or at least, he should. 

We could lose 0-3 and they won't sack him. If Hodgson can survive 2014's World Cup (and on the back of a pretty mediocre 2012 as well) then Southgate isn't getting the chop for this and Russia. He'll be here for the next Euros IMO, unless we really do get humiliated in Qatar.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I thought I read that he got a contract regardless of outcome of the tournament. 

To me, regardless of your thoughts on the manager, that would sum up why we aren't a top side.

• The title was changed to (Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived