• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

What's with the Hummels hate? Yesterday could have been much more embarrassing if it wasn't for him. 

He was excellent first half, but a passenger for both goals conceded. 

I agree with @Lucas That Havertz was probably Germanys best. With Goretzka and Werner of all people also able to hold their heads high. 

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

I did wonder when people would start saying this. I actually agree the tournament has been badly planned, yes it's falling into England's favour but I've got to be honest at this moment I don't care as long as we do well. 

Even the fact Denmark vs Czech is in Baku, if we did get past Ukraine they'd have that long trip back including time difference and a match in over 30 degree heat to contend with. 

Just totally unfair. 

Well I mentioned this right at the outset of the Euros, that those teams playing at home, clearly have an advantage. But we knew about all of this months ago, the rules haven't changed half-way through the competition, so every team knew what they were in for. Of the teams in the quarter finals, Spain, Italy, Denmark and England have all benefitted from playing 3 of their 4 matches so far on home soil(well for England it's 4 out of 4) and this also clearly means that they will be fresher than the other remaining teams. Switzerland, Ukraine, Belgium and to a lesser extent the Czech Republic, have had to travel all around Europe for their games. It is what it is, it still hasn't stopped this competition from being enjoyable in my view.

• Administrator

Fucking love this. 

The split-second of the hush of the crowd, then the synonymous roar as the header from Kane hits the back of the net.

Bliss.

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

plj12rej6c871.jpg

Wow, cunts. 

Wtf is wrong with people. Calling a girl that young a "slut" on social media seems bang out of order.

I don't think the girl should be feeling too bad though - yes, knocked out by a dogshit England team is shit but.... she's basically guaranteed to see Germany win a World Cup in her lifetime.

5 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Other than the slut comment, get the sand out of your vagina.

Maybe I'm just wired differently. Wouldn't take joy out of an English kid crying if it was the other way around. I felt sorry for the Brazilian kid at the 7-1. :what:

It seemed an odd choice for the TV people to focus in on.

I imagine it was the roaring crowd, celebrating the result quite as much as it was that was more disturbing to someone of that age. As many here may know.. crowds in person are so much louder than you hear on TV. They had been booing the German national anthem earlier too. Really quite a lot of apparently anti German (football side?) sentiment to pick up on. Its really no wonder someone that young was getting quite upset by it all.

But yes, 4 World Cup wins & 3 European Championships.. history suggests its only a matter of time before Germany is winning again.. before she's a grandmother..

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Other than the slut comment, get the sand out of your vagina.

You have to admit though, that one in the top right who apparently has "never been more proud to be English" than when a pub erupted into cheers after seeing a crying child is also sad as fuck :4_joy:

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Maybe I'm just wired differently. Wouldn't take joy out of an English kid crying if it was the other way around. I felt sorry for the Brazilian kid at the 7-1. :what:

Don't go to the game if you're going to get sand in your vagina when your team loses. What made the 7-1 so hilarious was precisely the Brazilians in the crowd losing their shit at being mullered on home soil. The world isn't one big happy, clappy bubble - sometimes shit happens.

I don't get the logic behind getting so offended behind it, I'm pretty sure you said you were upset at the City players being visibly upset that they lost the Champions League final - like, wtf? It's sport, winners and losers all the time.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

You have to admit though, that one in the top right who apparently has "never been more proud to be English" than when a pub erupted into cheers after seeing a crying child is also sad as fuck :4_joy:

I mean yeah, I wouldn't be sticking that on my CV put it that way.

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I'm pretty sure you said you were upset at the City players being visibly upset that they lost the Champions League final - like, wtf? 

Huh? Where did I say that? I don't remember being upset.

And I'm sorry that I don't like to see children crying. 

• Subscriber

I'm not saying I'm offended (I don't think anyone else did either) but I do find those tweets thoroughly embarrassing as a British person. That said, that's clearly what the person who collated them intended. It's not like they've picked four completely random tweets and fallen upon those because they were all like that.

People are cunts, and yes that proportion probably increases in boozed up England fans who have just beaten Germany after being fed a lifetime of weird World War related rhetoric that's for some reason joined at the hip to the footballing rivalry between the two countries on our end. But a few fools on social media laughing at a crying child aren't worth anyone's time, and on the other side people grumpy about their team losing pointing out that it's embarrassing behaviour (which it is) aren't necessarily easily offended.

Archived