talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021

football forum

6 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, they played in a group, that was arguably by far the worst one in this tournament. I'd even say the likes of North Macedonia and Hungary are better than Wales.

Hungary I can give you (especially as they gave a good game to France and Germany in a group that we would have been pissed on), but to say North Macedonia are better than us is laughable really. 

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Was this supposed to be in the other thread? xD

Yes. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

He just accidentally revealed that he's a time traveler. :o 

Yes. 

Just now, montybhopa said:

Czech is underrated by English media. They had them finishing last in the group, they have quite a few decent players, much better than Scotland

Was this supposed to be in the other thread? xD

3 hours ago, Rick said:

If England get through this tie, then they really should make the final with how the other ties have went.  

I agree. We should beat Sweden or Ukraine  in a neutral venue and Czech republic or Denmark at home. 

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I wonder what the German media think of us not playing Sancho or Bellingham, two players they are hugely familiar with?

Honestly: they're surprised but not really bothered. Generally speaking the German media aren't thinking as much about the English team as you seem to suppose.:)

14 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Honestly: they're surprised but not really bothered. Generally speaking the German media aren't thinking as much about the English team as you seem to suppose.:)

I don't expect they are but I don't think the majority of us would ever be so arrogant enough to assume that either to be fair.

But I did wonder if they would think we're foolish for not playing them, especially Sancho. 

Personally, I'd like to see him feature off the bench. He's a wildcard we've hardly utilised this tournament and you'd think he'd relish this one.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't expect they are but I don't think the majority of us would be arrogant enough to assume that either.

But I did wonder if they would think we're foolish for not playing them, especially Sancho. 

I apologize, I thought you referred specifically to the next match. Wasn't meant as a dig.

As for your question, most of them assumed Sancho would have added much needed creativity to your team in the match versus Scotland and were surprised he wasn't even substituted in, when they thought he would really had helped you.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, shut up said:

Italy got played off the park by Austria for 90 mins...

Eh? Italy were favourites and given a scare by Austria. Playing off the park is an exaggeration I couldn't ignore.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Eh? Italy were favourites and given a scare by Austria. Playing off the park is an exaggeration I couldn't ignore.

Played out of the park so much they won the game. Quite paradoxical. 

15 hours ago, Rick said:

If England get through this tie, then they really should make the final with how the other ties have went.  

12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I agree. We should beat Sweden or Ukraine  in a neutral venue and Czech republic or Denmark at home. 

I dunno, anyone as strong as or better than Columbia is a real headache for you. 

10 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I apologize, I thought you referred specifically to the next match. Wasn't meant as a dig.

As for your question, most of them assumed Sancho would have added much needed creativity to your team in the match versus Scotland and were surprised he wasn't even substituted in, when they thought he would really had helped you.

No need for an apology, it's all good mate.

I think they are right. I am surprised he hasn't been used more which makes me wonder how much the manager actually trusts him. 

I still think Toni Kroos is a big player for you. I know it's a bit 50/50 with Kroos and whether he is past it, but for me, If you win the game, I'm almost certain it's going to be because he has been allowed to dictate it.

For that reason, I really hope we have Phillips or Rice on him quickly, much like KP did in the first game not allowing Modric to get too into it.

This game should be a real cracker tomorrow. I think both sides will raise their game, given what's at stake and who the opposition is. If this game was on neutral territory, I might have just slightly fancied Germany to win. But as England are at home, I am sure the team will be really pumped up for this one. There's a lot of talent in this England side and I am intrigued as to how the midfield battle against the Germans will unfold.

May the best team win. :England::German::hh:

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I dunno, anyone as strong as or better than Columbia is a real headache for you. 

I know England have been historically shit, but I can’t recall them struggling against a city in South Carolina :what:

• The title was changed to (Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived