talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Love Island

football forum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope they show Millie more videos of Liam, the way he's underplayed the whole thing has been quite bad tbh.

I think Teddy's gunna get shafted again, yes he said Good Teddy and Bad Teddy, and had a convo with Clarisse about them both finding each other attractive. But that convo followed a challenge where they were kissing in a pool, and at the end of that convo he literally said he didn't trust her. Don' think he's behaved in a way that is out of line with how long him and Faye have been together.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Danny said:

I really hope they show Millie more videos of Liam, the way he's underplayed the whole thing has been quite bad tbh.

I think Teddy's gunna get shafted again, yes he said Good Teddy and Bad Teddy, and had a convo with Clarisse about them both finding each other attractive. But that convo followed a challenge where they were kissing in a pool, and at the end of that convo he literally said he didn't trust her. Don' think he's behaved in a way that is out of line with how long him and Faye have been together.

Yeah Teddy continues to get stitched up big time by the producers.

I hope he bins off Faye. He's far too good for her. She has other issues she probably needs to sort out herself before unloading that on to anyone in a relationship.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah Teddy continues to get stitched up big time by the producers.

I hope he bins off Faye. He's far too good for her. She has other issues she probably needs to sort out herself before unloading that on to anyone in a relationship.

I like them together but yeah she does seem to project her issues onto him and the relationship in general, some of the things she says about his interests and compares them to hers...you are allowed to like different things from your partner and you can both still be very happy.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I like them together but yeah she does seem to project her issues onto him and the relationship in general, some of the things she says about his interests and compares them to hers...you are allowed to like different things from your partner and you can both still be very happy.

Yeah her reaction to that yesterday when they were on the terrace was weird. 

Her constant defence mechanism is to just laugh shit off and not take anything seriously. But when things do get serious, she uses her anger and frustration on other people because she probably has difficulty processing things. Hence her passive aggression towards Teddy when he tries to be honest and serious with her. 

All Teddy did was kiss that other girl in a dare/game and she flipped it and made it sound like it was a million times bigger.

I think she'd be a nightmare to be around for any significant amount of time. I'd get so bored and annoyed with her.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah her reaction to that yesterday when they were on the terrace was weird. 

Her constant defence mechanism is to just laugh shit off and not take anything seriously. But when things do get serious, she uses her anger and frustration on other people because she probably has difficulty processing things. Hence her passive aggression towards Teddy when he tries to be honest and serious with her. 

All Teddy did was kiss that other girl in a dare/game and she flipped it and made it sound like it was a million times bigger.

I think she'd be a nightmare to be around for any significant amount of time. I'd get so bored and annoyed with her.

I do feel sorry for the contestants in general, I imagine a lot of them come out thinking their friends have been so nice to get a long with and then all that's seen on the tele are the juicy bits. And I think Faye is falling victim to that, because she's great entertainment whether you're excited by what she's saying or fuming at her. But sometimes I feel like she needs a friend in their who won't take her shit, the girls are too nice, I thought Maura benefitted a lot from double standards but the one thing she done consistently was hold her friends accountable. Sometimes you just need common sense knocked into you when you're being silly because anyone would struggle to find a better deal than what Teddy's offering and Faye's out here trying to burn it to the ground.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Danny said:

I do feel sorry for the contestants in general, I imagine a lot of them come out thinking their friends have been so nice to get a long with and then all that's seen on the tele are the juicy bits. And I think Faye is falling victim to that, because she's great entertainment whether you're excited by what she's saying or fuming at her. But sometimes I feel like she needs a friend in their who won't take her shit, the girls are too nice, I thought Maura benefitted a lot from double standards but the one thing she done consistently was hold her friends accountable. Sometimes you just need common sense knocked into you when you're being silly because anyone would struggle to find a better deal than what Teddy's offering and Faye's out here trying to burn it to the ground.

Yeah that's a good point to be fair. It's very tribal and divided. Girls vs boys. 

I can't remember the name of one girl who went in a couple of seasons ago, but she was quite boyish and hung around with them more than the girls. And then she was almost treated like an outcast.

Maura was great - she told it how it is and wasn't bothered about upsetting people. Because ultimately they know she was right more often than not and honesty works better in the long run.

Kaz is annoying me. Everyone paints her out as some kind of angel who's had lots of wrong done by her. But she's strung Matt and Tyler on in similar ways Toby strung Chloe and Abi on. Yet Toby is a lad so gets the reputation but Kaz is a girl so won't get the negative attention for it. She said she left the door open/ajar for Tyler which is similar to Toby wanting to get to know Abi whilst still being with Chloe, no? Toby's a prick don't get me wrong but I'm struggling to see the differences in Toby's and Kaz's actions yet there is a remarkable difference in reaction to it. 

I know Kaz went to Matt because of Tyler's initial actions. But she continued it with Matt whilst still giving Tyler a chance. She should take a leaf out of Millie's book. Don't fling from one guy to another but make the guy you actually like work and earn back the trust. She rebounded to Matt and hated that Matt was honest with her - isn't that what everyone always craves. 'Just be honest with me'. Yet as soon as one guy is (and I absolutely love how Matt went about it, even if it was very direct). Not sure why Kaz was so 'confused'. 

53 minutes ago, Danny said:

25k complaints over the Faye and Teddy situation, interesting to see what happens after the show ends, especially their reaction once they realise the producers essentially played them both.

They must all, as a group, know they’ve been played already, mind. Throwing a postcard in to one villa and not the other, especially to the women who were likely to react negatively to the postcard, was never fair or equal. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

They must all, as a group, know they’ve been played already, mind. Throwing a postcard in to one villa and not the other, especially to the women who were likely to react negatively to the postcard, was never fair or equal. 

I think the postcard specifically is very Love Island so they might not read too much into it other than it's part of the show, I'd be surprised if Teddy and Faye realised how much they've been set up

• Administrator

Is it me or are the girls proper mean about Liberty? Planting those seeds in her mind and breaking her down after she's on top of the world. 

And based on what? Just because they don't like Jake? 

22 hours ago, Stan said:

Is it me or are the girls proper mean about Liberty? Planting those seeds in her mind and breaking her down after she's on top of the world. 

Probably because he is a bellend. Called it from day one. There’s something about him that doesn’t sit right with me. 

• Administrator

Brett and Priya are fucking boring. 

I was going to ask how are they getting so much airtime but then it emphasises even more how tiresome the rest of the couples are/have become. 

On 15/08/2021 at 21:58, Stan said:

Na I think there’s something going on in there that’s been bubbling for ages. An old contestant said that whenever they talk about people doing something for the cameras, the producers tell them to stop talking about it cos they won’t air it. Which leads him to believe that Jake being a different person for the cameras is a conversation they’ve all been having and having a lot.

Plus Liberty said to him in bed that she doesn’t like it when he tells her to remember she’s on camera. I think the girls were spot on telling her because there’s more to this, general consensus that I’ve heard and agree with is she loves him, he likes her but doesn’t love her the same way and is just sort of playing it out.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Brett and Priya are fucking boring. 

I was going to ask how are they getting so much airtime but then it emphasises even more how tiresome the rest of the couples are/have become. 

Honestly mate they’re so boring, the fact Priya had the cheek to call him boring was mental. You’re breaking up with him over a cheese board lol. But when he said to Teddy that she was coming over to him cos of the jacket he was wearing....where do they find these people?

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Na I think there’s something going on in there that’s been bubbling for ages. An old contestant said that whenever they talk about people doing something for the cameras, the producers tell them to stop talking about it cos they won’t air it. Which leads him to believe that Jake being a different person for the cameras is a conversation they’ve all been having and having a lot.

Plus Liberty said to him in bed that she doesn’t like it when he tells her to remember she’s on camera. I think the girls were spot on telling her because there’s more to this, general consensus that I’ve heard and agree with is she loves him, he likes her but doesn’t love her the same way and is just sort of playing it out.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Honestly mate they’re so boring, the fact Priya had the cheek to call him boring was mental. You’re breaking up with him over a cheese board lol. But when he said to Teddy that she was coming over to him cos of the jacket he was wearing....where do they find these people?

Don't get me wrong Jake's behaviour isn't great and I don't condone it. But I think there's probably a time and a place to tell her? I don't know. 

As for the other two, Priya is right that he is a bit boring but she's hardly some ball of energy or fun she makes herself out to be. Was also going to mention the cheese thing too xD. I was cringing when she was saying that to the rest of the other girls - you could just tell they're all thinking 'is she really saying this?!'. 

For tonight looks like Faye is going off on one. I'm guessing Jake & Liberty tell Faye/Teddy that they voted for them as least compatible. Shock that Faye guns for Jake even though it would have been a joint decision? 

Archived