• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Austrian GP - 2-4th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Lando is showing his talent this season against a struggling Ricciardo, no doubt. But I still think George Russell is the real deal for the future. 

I think Lando and George both have a bright future in F1 long term, but I'm with you, I think George is going to give Max the hardest time once the great Lewis retires. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Lando is showing his talent this season against a struggling Ricciardo, no doubt. But I still think George Russell is the real deal for the future. 

I've always leaned towards George when it comes to the current young crop. I'm not going to lie I thought Ricciardo was going to school Norris.

• Subscriber

The midfield makes no sense. Hulkenberg ultimately lost his seat because being team-mate to Ricciardo showed that he wasn't quite among the top rung of drivers. But Hulkenberg had seen off Sainz for the two years before that. Now Sainz is at Ferrari and Hulkenberg is put out to pasture. Add to that the fact that Sainz generally saw off Norris at McLaren and Ricciardo is now getting a pasting off Lando, goes to show how differently drivers can perform depending on the car.

No doubt Norris has done extremely well this year though regardless of Ricciardo's struggles. And Russell actually had a bit of a mediocre start to the year aside from running high up in Imola that didn't really get highlighted. Latifi has been pretty close to him in a few qualifying sessions and races. The last two weekends have been stronger for George, I'd still give him the edge over Lando for sure. Gasly is right up there with them too if he can get himself in the right seat.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The midfield makes no sense. Hulkenberg ultimately lost his seat because being team-mate to Ricciardo showed that he wasn't quite among the top rung of drivers. But Hulkenberg had seen off Sainz for the two years before that. Now Sainz is at Ferrari and Hulkenberg is put out to pasture. Add to that the fact that Sainz generally saw off Norris at McLaren and Ricciardo is now getting a pasting off Lando, goes to show how differently drivers can perform depending on the car.

No doubt Norris has done extremely well this year though regardless of Ricciardo's struggles. And Russell actually had a bit of a mediocre start to the year aside from running high up in Imola that didn't really get highlighted. Latifi has been pretty close to him in a few qualifying sessions and races. The last two weekends have been stronger for George, I'd still give him the edge over Lando for sure. Gasly is right up there with them too if he can get himself in the right seat.

Any videos?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Shocked at how much faster Norris has been than DR.

Norris and Russell are the future of this sport.

Verstappen, Norris, Russell, Leclerc. Hope they'll be given cars good enough to compete in years to come, all very exciting drivers. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Verstappen, Norris, Russell, Leclerc. Hope they'll be given cars good enough to compete in years to come, all very exciting drivers. 

Definitely. 

Norris again finding half a second over an elite driver such as DR. Crazy lap in Q2. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived