• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Austrian GP - 2-4th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Whiskey said:

Norris will be through here, Bottas told not to race.

So frustrating to hear as a fan, and I can't even fathom how livid Bottas much be. 

• Subscriber

So basically now if you try to make stupid overtakes on the outside of your opponent and then cry about it on the radio when you end up in the gravel, you can get them a penalty. Utterly ridiculous from the stewards today. That second Perez penalty is next level stupidity.

• Subscriber

Starting to look less and less like this championship is actually going to be close at all. Verstappen doesn't have weaknesses any more than Hamilton. In fact it's Lewis who has been making the mistakes and costing himself points as much as he hauled Mercedes into an early championship lead through his own brilliance in the opening races. Never rule out Mercedes but if you look at the facts and evidence, they're a long way off.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Starting to look less and less like this championship is actually going to be close at all. Verstappen doesn't have weaknesses any more than Hamilton. In fact it's Lewis who has been making the mistakes and costing himself points as much as he hauled Mercedes into an early championship lead through his own brilliance in the opening races. Never rule out Mercedes but if you look at the facts and evidence, they're a long way off.

They’re miles off. Said this to Nudge. I just can’t conceive that there’s any upgrades as they’d have been on this weekend I’d have thought? We’ll see what Silverstone brings, but that Red Bull seems to be further away from the pack than the Merc ever was over the past 2 seasons. 

Phenomenal gains.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

They’re miles off. Said this to Nudge. I just can’t conceive that there’s any upgrades as they’d have been on this weekend I’d have thought? We’ll see what Silverstone brings, but that Red Bull seems to be further away from the pack than the Merc ever was over the past 2 seasons. 

Phenomenal gains.

Come on. Red Bull are definitely ahead now but the gap is surely not as huge as in the past few years when Mercedes were regularly 0.5+ second faster over a single lap. Today looks bad in terms of competitiveness, but let's not forget that Lewis had floor damage since Lap 10 and both Mercedes were held behind by Norris (and Perez, before he went mad) for quite a while, allowing Max to build up a huge gap. 

I just don't believe that Mercedes have given up and won't bring any more upgrades this season. Let's see what Silverstone brings. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived