talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Ramsdale Linked With Arsenal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Stan said:

You have Leno and Mat Ryan. What's the point?

There has been talk of Leno leaving/wanting out, but also we do need a back-up as Ryan has gone back to Brighton. In any case though Ramsdale would be far too expensive for a back-up and he isn't better than Leno. Apparently we want a HG keeper, shame we sold a really good one last year for under £20m... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Arsenal forking out £30m for Ramsdale :o 

How are they affording that and also wanting improvements elsewhere in the squad (potentially Maddison for around £60-70m?!)

Add to that they sold Martinez for £20m last summer (admittedly he probably forced the move out due to being second option to Leno). But £30m for a back-up option? Or is he going in ahead of Leno?

• 3 weeks later...

In advanced talks for 30m.

Whilst we all know Arsenal should have found the DeLorean so they could travel a year forward and know the beast Emilano Martinez would turn in to, Aaron Ramsdale will fill the home grown quota and he will at least be capable of challenging Bernd Leno who appears likely to leave next summer.

It's an awful lot of money for a Goalkeeper with two relegations mind you.

When I first heard this my brain told me "lol that's fucking stupid, no way Arsenal go after him" but seeing where the links are coming from... and how they're not shit sources... I think this is an absolutely mental idea from whoever thought it up at Arsenal.

• Subscriber

I just don't get what anybody could possibly have seen to justify paying that much money for him. He's shit. He's nowhere near as good as Leno, and I don't even think Leno is all he's cracked up to be by some either.

What the fuck are they doing?

37 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I hate Arteta and Edu so much. xD

How do you spend £140m and not improve the first XI at all?!?

Not only that,  £500m spent in 5 seasons. Compare your 2017 team to your team now. You've averaged £100m a season and your lineup is worse. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not only that,  £500m spent in 5 seasons. Compare your 2017 team to your team now. You've averaged £100m a season and your lineup is worse. 

Was Edu the DOF for all 5 seasons? I felt like he was a relatively new appointment...

... I still think he's done a terrible job and probably should be sacked ASAP so Arsenal can get someone who knows what they're doing in.

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I never felt the issue with the Kroenke's was investment. Could they do more yes, but they have invested without champions league football. The biggest issue is they give so much free reign to the people in charge of the operating of the club. First it was Wenger, then Gazidis followed by Raul and now the worst of the lot Edu, Vinai and Arteta. All well and good letting them try and run the club but they don't step in when it's clearly not working until its too late! I totally understand it with Wenger to a point, but these 3 rookie clowns? 

It's honestly scandalous, worst season in 2 decades and no repercussions for anyone involved in the decision making. They're just given another £140m to spend on the squad and there is no real improvement for me. I'm just praying all of the guys more than live up to their touted potential otherwise we're in serious trouble. 

• Subscriber

They obviously don’t have long term faith in Leno, he’s not even 30.

Ramsdale is only 23 so if he nails a starting spot and does well then 30 million in this day and age isn’t that ridiculous.  

• Administrator
Just now, shut up said:

Oldest player we've signed is 24, so i think they'll all improve over next 3-4 years. White definitely better than Holding. Ramsdale is the only one where I'm not sure if he's gonna be much better than Leno

will they improve at Arsenal though in the state they're are?

It's a lot of outlay over the past 2-3 years with very little outlay. How long is it possible for?

Archived