talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Ramsdale Linked With Arsenal

• Administrator
1 minute ago, shut up said:

No, everyone else was calling it nothing special.

Really? You've just said 'FA Cup isn't anything special either'. 

I just think you're genuinely in denial that Arsenal aren't the club they used to be and you're struggling to comprehend it. 

Also still waiting on a combined XI of Arsenal & Leicester players, if you will :) 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, shut up said:

I've literally said a million times we're not the club we used to be. You just keep making up scenarios in your head.

The end of the day we have fallen off, but I'm not having tinpot clubs calling our squad a state when they're not that much better. Especially when the only reason you accumulated more points than Arsenal is due to a horrific VAR decision at the Emirates. Without that you finish 1 point behind Arsenal. Then who's squad is in a state?

'tinpot clubs' xDxDxDxD here we go. 

Yes, the only reason we accumulated more points than you last season was because of that one decision.

Pathetic. If that's all you have to defend your squad then it's not much is it?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, shut up said:

That is the reason though? VAR came out and said they got the decision wrong. I'm not sure why you're rewriting history for. That decision gave you 3 points and took three from Arsenal. I'm sorry you can't handle that. 

Just because that decision went wrong doesn't mean the whole result would have changed automatically. You could have gone 1-0 up and doesn't mean it finishes like that? 

Not like you didn't have any other chances in the game either.

I'm sorry you can't handle that a 'tinpot club' finishes above you after spending less money, is more organised than yours,  and that you can't understand why people think your squad is a state. 

45 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's nothing special for a club of Arsenal's size together with the amount of money they've spent. That sort of outlay should see you challenging in the league

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Well we are way beyond utd and city and Chelsea on net spend over the last 5 years and liverpool have spent more but had more back from transfers. We are definitely underachieving but not sure I would expect a title challenge with those figures 

11 hours ago, 6666 said:

Pepe was one of our best attackers last season, was especially good in the second half of the season, Luiz wasn't actually that bad overall, but I'll concede that Willian was a big mistake and Auba was poor last season.

Manager is a bigger issue right now.

For the amount you paid Pepe simply hasn’t been good enough. You paid double what he’s worth.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, shut up said:

What has a combined XI got to do with anything? Are you a child? It's subjective. Points tally isn't though

Still waiting for an explanation why the the only reason Leicester scraped above Arsenal was an horrific VAR decision when the two clubs played, despite them having a much better squad and manager 🤫

Because we think your squad is a state, yet you argue otherwise. 

So if you think our squads are level, I'd like you to show which Arsenal players you think would get in to a Leicester squad, or vice versa. It's not rocket science, you're just dodging the question. 

Just to let you know we were missing Pereira, Soyuncu, Ndidi and had a half-fit Vardy in that game against you. And still won. Your only fallback is one VAR decision. What does that say about Arsenal?

Or are you saying you need VAR decisions to go for you in order to get further up the table? Says more about your squad than anything else xD 

23 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Well we are way beyond utd and city and Chelsea on net spend over the last 5 years and liverpool have spent more but had more back from transfers. We are definitely underachieving but not sure I would expect a title challenge with those figures 

Can't see a date on that so not sure what time frame it's comparing. This is 2016 to current

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/0?ids=a&sa=&saison_id=2016&saison_id_bis=2021&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

It's absolutely possible to challenge. You just can't be as badly run as Arsenal have been

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Can't see a date on that so not sure what time frame it's comparing. This is 2016 to current

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/0?ids=a&sa=&saison_id=2016&saison_id_bis=2021&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

It's absolutely possible to challenge. You just can't be as badly run as Arsenal have been

There is still a big gap between us and the top 3. It took arguably the best manager in the world for you to challenge. Like i said we are underachieving and we are badly run but it would be hard for us to challenge. We would need a great manager and to be considerably better run. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

There is still a big gap between us and the top 3. It took arguably the best manager in the world for you to challenge. Like i said we are underachieving and we are badly run but it would be hard for us to challenge. We would need a great manager and to be considerably better run. 

No disagreement there. Just making the point that it's possible. Liverpool, Leicester and Tottenham have all been better or at least challenged the three clubs that spend the most in the league. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

No disagreement there. Just making the point that it's possible. Liverpool, Leicester and Tottenham have all been better or at least challenged the three clubs that spend the most in the league. 

I agree we have done badly. But it would take a really good manager like klopp to win the league.

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree with that. But I do think there's problems above Arteta (like Edu) that should also be addressed when Arsenal decide that the time is right to flush the turd that is Arteta.

The Willian and Luiz deals alone should show the harm of this 'super agent' route vs actual scouting. 

As for now, getting rid of Arteta is the primary need of action. I've been saying it since January. 

14 minutes ago, shut up said:

The VAR officials came out and said it was the wrong decision. It helped you gain 3 points and arsenal to lose 3. It was LITERALLY the difference between the two clubs in the league. Fact. 

Anyway, finishing about Leicester still isn't good enough for Arsenal. But a new manager is the main reason we're not challenging for top 4, not the squad 

By your logic, we finished 2pts behind you and missed a gazillion chances when you had Pepe sent off and drew 0-0 at ours, had we won that game, we'd have finished above you.

Does that mean there's a fag paper between our squads? Course not. If we're two honest blokes, you and I both know there's more between our squads than that.

I've no shame admitting your squad has a million more talent than ours. Think maybe you should acknowledge the same with Leicester but I'm not sure you can because it stings they are superior. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, shut up said:

Just to reiterate, Leicester do have a better squad than Arsenal, but it's nowhere near as much as Stan & the Leicester gimps are making out. 

resorting to insults is a surefire way to deflect from an argument.

Anyway, apart from Tierney and Saka to have at LB and on the wing for us, who gets in to the Leicester side from the Arsenal squad?

if Odegaard and Ramsey sign, Arsenal will have spent this most in this transfer window.

They’ve already spent more than the entirety of La Liga.

That’s actually pretty mental for a side full of players I don’t really rate at all xD

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, shut up said:

That is the reason though? VAR came out and said they got the decision wrong. I'm not sure why you're rewriting history for. That decision gave you 3 points and took three from Arsenal. I'm sorry you can't handle that. 

That doesn't mean we've not fallen off, or that we haven't underperformed, (we definitely have) but this idea from YOU that Arsenal squad is a state, and the Leicester squad isn't, is a complete nonsense. The main reason for our poor performances is the manager. With the signings this summer, given their age, our squad is in decent shape.

If we got a decent manager in (say Rodgers) we'd easily make up the gap to compete for top four.

This is just an impressive amount of drivel. How did it steal three points? A first half decision so that's one hell of a reach, and you were absolutely awful in the second half too. Based on what you're saying they were probably all still crying about having a goal chalked off.

Plus - nobody would've called us a shambles for finishing below Arsenal. You should be stronger than us. What is the excuse for you not being? Nobody would call us a shambles for it because as your fans have loved to remind us all summer you're a far bigger club than us. Add in we had a ridiculous number of injuries (behind only Liverpool & Palace I believe) and still won a trophy. Nobody would call us a shambles because we quite obviously aren't one. The fact we're in even in this discussion is evidence enough.

Oh and you wouldn't either without some better spending. Your squad isn't great at all. At least Ramsdale's coming in though. That'll fix precisely nothing.

Leicester deserve credit for how they're doing but I wouldn't say it was down to them having a better squad than Arsenal, Tottenham, or even Everton yet they finished above all of them last season.

A good manager that actually knows what he's doing can make a lot of things work.

I definitely wouldn't say the squad is in a state.

14 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Chelsea’s net spent really is incredible, best ran club of the oil and traditional lot. £523m in player sales… mouth watering.

Archived