talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) Switzerland 1-1(p) Spain - Friday 2nd July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a funny one. You'd say Spain were favourites but would you dare write the Swiss off? Probably not.

I kinda feel like Switzerland's 'final' was France and considering they put so much physically and emotionally into that game that it will be hard for them to produce another big performance.

No one has really been speaking about Spain but here they are, quarter finals of another big tournament and have smashed 10 goals in their last two games. It's not how you start, but how you finish and they are slowly gathering momentum. 

Even though they seem to miss that deadly finisher, the one thing you can say about them is they make enough chances and look capable of doing something.

Luis Enrique has also constantly rotated throughout and kept things fresh and so for that reason, you'd fancy them to see off what could be a tired Switzerland here.

• Subscriber

Spain will be hard to contain considering they've been slowly gaining momentum but this Swiss side can hit you where it hurts and this is their chance to dump Spain out of another competition. I really hope they put everything they have into this game because I'd like to see them advance.

Want Spain to go through.

If Belgium beats Italy, only Spain can prevent them of reaching the final. I don't see Switzerland capable of doing that.

1-3 Spain

Switzerland are without Xhaka for the game which will make things a lot more difficult for Switzerland. Still hoping they can do something here. Shaqiri needs to turn up and Zuber needs to keep doing what he's been doing.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

The yellow card rule is bullshit btw

I genuinely thought it was 3 yellows in different games for a one game suspension. The fact it's 2 is ridiculous especially when they give out yellows for nothing.

• The title was changed to (QF) Switzerland 0-1 Spain - Friday 2nd July, 2021
  • The title was changed to (QF) Switzerland 1-1 Spain - Friday 2nd July, 2021
1 minute ago, Stan said:

SHAQIRI!!! Equaliser!!

Mistake from the Spanish defence and Switzerland take full advantage!

Terrible defending by the Spanish, but Shaqiri took his chance well. Spain's defence though has been their Achilles heel during the knockout stages, in terms of them making such basic mistakes at times.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived