• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) Switzerland 1-1(p) Spain - Friday 2nd July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That was Chris Kavanagh. Oliver didn't check the monitor. 

Also, Peter Walton :)

Didn't he? Ok fair enough, but Kavanagh is still a referee and so is Peter Walton(What the ef made me say Mark lolxD). I mean they know the letter of the law, so I am sure they know what decisions to make when they are given the privilege of viewing the replays. Unless we are questioning their character.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Didn't he? Ok fair enough, but Kavanagh is still a referee and so is Peter Walton(What the ef made me say Mark lolxD). I mean they know the letter of the law, so I am sure they know what decisions to make when they are given the privilege of viewing the replays. Unless we are questioning their character.

Yes, Kavanagh has shown to be absolutely terrible in the PL. Very weak and just generally one of the worst. 

• Subscriber

Tough on Switzerland. They were the better team today and that red card changed everything. You'd imagine they dont get into that position and they keep a more attacking midfield to try and win this game. Congrats to Spain, shit on the day, truly shit and they still went through. 

• Administrator

I wish players would just fucking leather it. 

None of this fancy stuttering slow run ups. Utter bollocks. Put your foot through it! 

Just now, Stan said:

I wish players would just fucking leather it. 

None of this fancy stuttering slow run ups. Utter bollocks. Put your foot through it! 

What like what Stuart Pearce and Chris Waddle did at Italia 90? :ph34r:xD

No, I agree with you, some times these footballers try to be too fancy when taking pens. They should just choose which part of the goal they want the ball to go and then just strike it with power.

Vargas' penalty looks worst because it flew away but he was close to a perfect penalty. Wasn't far off but that's the risk when going for the top corner. Looks terrible when you miss.

I have more of a problem with the penalties that have no pace on them. You're choosing to give the keeper more time to read which way it's going.

That game was a big big warning for England. Based on what I've been reading on here Switzerland had an easy route to the semi finals. They've gone out on pens to a very average Spain having scraped through on pens already against a past it France.

:ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived