talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) Ukraine 0-4 England - Saturday 3rd July, 2021

football forum

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Lets be honest, England are spoilt for choice in the creative attacking department. Sancho, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Sterling, Saka and Bellingham, most other countries would wet their pants if they had the luxury of all those creative players in their squad.

C’mon, haven’t you heard? England are shit and just lucky! No talent whatsoever. Riding that wave of luck against everyone they play! Every opponent has there worst game against them. 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m perplexed that Grealish has been getting the nod off the bench, but Sancho could come in from the start.

I agree, it's random.

You'd think Grealish would have deserved a start, or that he'd turn to Foden having played him already. I'm happy to see Sancho get game time but it's a bit strange now.

It's almost like suddenly he 'has to play him', I'm not insinuating anything by that but, you know.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

C’mon, haven’t you heard? England are shit and just lucky! No talent whatsoever. Riding that wave of luck against everyone they play! Every opponent has there worst game against them. 

Stop sulking! 😂

17 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm amazed he hasn't found a way to blame Pogba for any of England's shortcomings. 

He just comes across generally as a miserable, dour and boring individual.

Miserable, dour and boring are funnily enough great words to describe Graemme Souness' managerial career.

59 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m perplexed that Grealish has been getting the nod off the bench, but Sancho could come in from the start.

Im of the opinion that bringing on a player as creative with the ball carrying ability of Jack Grealish for the last 20 minutes is great game management. My biggest concern with Southgate after the Scotland game was his inability to devise a game changing plan but against Germany he put me in my corner.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Proper buzzing for this. 

So am I.  For me England winning something would be the ultimate. I would love to see arsenal win the champions league but to see England win the euros would mean more to me. I dont know what it's like in other cities but in Bristol I think international football means more than club to a lot of people 

The last and only 5 times England played Ukraine competitively ended up in the following results:

Ukraine 0-0 England - 2014 World Cup qualifier

England 1-1 Ukraine - 2014 World Cup qualifier

England 1-0 Ukraine - Euro 2012

Ukraine 1-0 England - 2010 World Cup qualifier

England 2-1 Ukraine 2010 World Cup qualifier

Ukraine vs England 0-0 official highlights, Road to Rio 2014 (UK only) - YouTube

England v Ukraine 1-1 official highlights: Road To Rio World Cup Qualifier - YouTube

England 1 - 0 Ukraine | EURO 2012 - YouTube

WCQ 2010 Ukraine-England 1 - 0 Украина-Англия - YouTube

England - Ukraine 2-1 All Goals & Highlights [High Quality] WC 2010 - YouTube

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

The last and only 5 times England played Ukraine competitively ended up in the following results:

Ukraine vs England 0-0 official highlights, Road to Rio 2014 (UK only) - YouTube

England v Ukraine 1-1 official highlights: Road To Rio World Cup Qualifier - YouTube

England 1 - 0 Ukraine | EURO 2012 - YouTube

WCQ 2010 Ukraine-England 1 - 0 Украина-Англия - YouTube

England - Ukraine 2-1 All Goals & Highlights [High Quality] WC 2010 - YouTube

Who are you rooting for? :52_fearful:

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m just glad Rashford hasn’t been used. Been injured for about 4 months now. Should have just left him at home.

Couldn’t see him getting in the team even if fully fit, competition for places is so high, he’d continue his role of coming on for Kane in the final stages of the game I’d bet.

@nudge @Tommy it's quite interesting that southgate was very instrumemtal in some of the fa plans to improve england. A lot of what he said was basically copy germany. He wanted to copy your youth structure he looked at the possible reasons you always win penalty shootouts. I've personally always thought we should look at successful teams and try to copy. Although it doesn't always work. I knew a german girl and she said germany like football more than in England. Also a lot of people in England like football but dont have the determination that it takes to be a professional footballer. These are things that are hard for the fa to change 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, shut up said:

Yeah, i knew your heritage was. Just not place of birth 

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm just messing about. I don't consider myself German anyway. 

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Speed, Gareth wants speed in behind from the start

It's a hot day in both Baku and in Rome, so I suspect that the pace in today's two Euro games won't be so quick. We should still be instore for exciting matches though, as it is do or die for all sides concerned. :91_thumbsup:

If we get through a game against Denmark must be a more exciting prospect than another one against the Czechs?

Imagine ITV are rubbing their hands with glee at the other match being played first, can't imagine as many would watch it if we'd already been booted out by Ukraine. 

• The title was changed to (QF) Ukraine 0-4 England - Saturday 3rd July, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived